Everything that rises must converge; thus, Paris Hilton and Justin Bieber were spotted partying together in Cannes at Busta Rhymes' birthday party (what an eclectic mix of humans that is).
Bieber was sitting atop a throne shirtless because of course he was, and, at once point, Hilton sat on his lap. Initial reports suggest they left together in a sex way, but that's Not True (BLESSED BE) — TMZ says that they went back to a party at Biebs Manor, along with 50 other people, but Paris left early because the world's most sparsely-moustachioed imp wouldn't stop playing his own music (which she, understandably, found irritating).
Macklemore has issued some musings on his costume the other night, which many saw as an offensive caricature of a Jewish man; he says that he chose the costume pieces at random and that they "had no intended cultural identity or background." Also: "I'm saddened that this story, or any of my choices, would lead to any form of negativity."
He goes on: "I will let my body of work and the causes for which I've supported speak for themselves. I hope that anyone who may question my intent take a few moments to discover the human and artist that I strive to be. I respect all cultures and all people." He ends with, "I truly apologize to anybody that I may have offended." And there you have it, folks. A Macklepology. [Macklemore.com]
Ever thoughtful, Ray J is getting Kim Kardashian and Kanye West a large wedding gift: 4 months worth of 2014 profits from his sex tape with Kim. It comes to $46,840.13, which is like half of that finger-painted Birkin Kanye got her that one time. Thanks, Ray! (If they don't want it, he says, he will donate the money to Kim's favorite charity). [TMZ]
- Harry Styles put his hair up in a half-ponytail while playing golf, like a Rider of Rohan. He looked triumphant. [E!]
- "Adrien Brody Flaunts Chest Hair at 'Emperor' Cannes Photo Call!" This is the first time I've seen a male celebrity described as "flaunting" an arbitrary feature on his body. What a great day for gender equity. [Just Jared]
- Miley Cyrus wrote a lengthy, and very depressed, letter about her dog dying in April. Losing a pet is the worst and it's even more horrible when you feel like it's your fault :( Poor Miley. [ONTD]
- Chris Martin and Alexa Chung went out to dinner in NYC. Here are some extremely grainy photos of it. [PopSugar]
- Brad Pitt got a new tattoo on his stomach. [PopSugar]
- Grumpiest toddler in the kiddie pool Justin Bieber has been offered $1 million to do porn. I don't even think a sense of morbid curiosity would motivate me to watch that, as it has so many other terrifying things on the Internet. [Vh1]
- Prince George met his cousin Mia (also a baby); reportedly, it was "carnage" up in that baby-meeting. By which is meant, I assume, that they were gnashing on a lot of baby food and drooling a ton. [Hello!]
- Taylor Swift opened up about her cat, Meredith, who recently attacked her Met Gala dress. "She's a chubby housecat," says Taylor. [Just Jared]
- Ciara and Future have just welcomed a baby boy! [Just Jared]
Images via Instagram.