Two days before the 2013 Miss America pageant, Miss New York Nina Dalvuluri —the self-proclaimed Miss Diversity — was allegedly caught on tape calling outgoing Miss America Mallory Hagan "fat as fuck."* Keep it classy, ladies.
Another beauty queen overheard and taped Dalvuluri's conversation in a hotel room on July 16th, during which a friend of Dalvuluri's also made racist remarks. The recording has been making the rounds on the pageant circuit and brought to the board of the Miss America pageant. Hagan's rep says there is no validity to the story whatsoever, but Dalvuluri sent her a Facebook apology:
“I want to apologize for the awful statements made by people in my room . . . There were people who claimed to be my supporters and said things I never agreed with, nor supported . . . I was never a part of the words or statements that may have been hurtful . . . I’m sorry if someone said something that was inappropriate.”
The two will be onstage together Sunday. Awkwaaaaard. [Page Six]
*Okay, it was technically [bleeped] out, but who says "fat as shit?" And would "hell" be bleeped?
Today in Things You Didn't Know You'd Learn About, Vanna White's 19-year-old son Nikko is living in Tucson with a 34-year-old Libyan Krishna monk Jaycee Akinsanya. While Nikko doesn't refer to himself as gay, he says: "It’s the closest I’ve ever been with anyone. It’s just spiritual and wonderful and there is chemistry - and if there’s sex also, so be it. It doesn’t matter!"
Vanna has met and liked Akinsanya, but turned down her son's request to borrow $1 million to build a new ashram. Kids these days. [Daily Mail]
The tribulations of Ariel Winter's Modern Dysfunctional, Abusive Family continues, unfortunately:
[Mother Chrystal] Workman filed legal docs, obtained by TMZ, in which she claims her 15-year-old daughter has accused her of "sexual abuse or sexual molestation." Workman says, "I adamantly deny these accusations.
It's possible Workman is inartfully referring to an allegation by Ariel's boyfriend, Cameron Palatas, who said in his deposition, "Chrystal had wanted me to sleep in Ariel's bed." Palatas was an adult at the time.
Sara Gilbert realized she was Gay for Ladies while going steady with Roseanne co-star and current Big Bang Theory actor Johnny Galecki. "We started dating and he would come over and we would, like, make out, and then I would start to get depressed. Eventually told him I thought it was about my sexuality and he was super sweet about it. Like no one knew at the show for years, and Johnny held the secret the whole time."
When she decided to come out, Galecki told her: "I love you and I think it's really important and I'm so proud of you … If you want, I will be there and I will hold your hand." Good job, Johnny Galecki. [People]
- Selma Blair might be suing Charlie Sheen after she got fired from Anger Management for criticizing his work ethic. [TMZ]
- The poor rookie lawyer who had Tom Hanks on her jury gushed that she was a huge fan and ruined the case. [TMZ]
- Jamie Foxx didn't show up for a school's attendance-promotion event. [Page Six]
- This is probably Zoe Saldana's wedding ring. Hopefully she doesn't have a horrible term of endearment like "Poobie" engraved inside it like my parents did (true story) (they're divorced now). [People]
- Kimye's fortress looks like the Emperor's in Mulan. [TMZ]
- Kim Kardashian's "new mom" style involves belts, or whatever. [People]
- Here's Betsey Johnson doing her traditional pre-runway show split. [TMZ]
- Lance Armstrong returned his Olympic bronze medal. [People]
- (The awesome) Aisha Tyler told The Talk about her IVF treatments for infertility problems. [People]
- Khloe Kardashian cancelled Lamar Odom's credit cards so he can't buy drugs, but he is still pawning jewelry. [Radar Online]
- Gwyneth Paltrow threw "an English garden party" for a change of pace from her usual get-togethers. [Us Weekly]
- The cover art for Britney Spears' "Work Bitch" is... I don't know, just look at it, although my impulse is to go "WELCOME TO BURLEEEEEEESQUE" like Cher at 2:24. But I won't! [Us Weekly]
- Liam Hemsworth maybe made out with a random brunette at Da Club but probably not. [Page Six]
- "[Prince George] has a voice to match any lion's roar!" Prince William, whose Royal Speechwriter is an alien (?) attempts to link the birth of his child to their charity work in Africa. [Us Weekly]