Remember back in February when the New York Observer's Rex Reed called Melissa McCarthy a "tractor-sized" "obese" "hippo" in his review of Identity Thief? You know, because "film criticism"? Well, McCarthy has finally responded and, of course, her attitude is fucking great.
In a soft voice, McCarthy said her initial reaction to the piece was "Really?" She then asked, "Why would someone O.K. that?"
Taking the high road, McCarthy added, "I felt really bad for someone who is swimming in so much hate. I just thought, that's someone who's in a really bad spot, and I am in such a happy spot. I laugh my head off every day with my husband and my kids who are mooning me and singing me songs."
That's so perfect. That's so, so perfect. As a fat woman who gets this shit a lot—I blog about feminism because I'm bitter and lonely, I blog about fat acceptance to make it illegal for men to reject me, I blog about rape because I'm jealous of rape victims—the thing I always want to scream at these people is DOOOODS, I AM HAPPY. I have a hot genius boyfriend and hilarious kids and the funniest family and I live in a beautiful city by a beautiful lake and people respect me for my contributions to the world and I basically just drink wine and make jokes and watch Game of Thrones and dance around literally all the time. YOU ARE THE ONE WHO IS THE SAD FUCK. It's all right to cry, Rex Reed. Crying gets the mad out of you. [Us]
Tish Cyrus is divorcing Billy Ray. Frowny in the front, weepy in the back.
Billy Ray's wife, Tish Cyrus, is citing "irreconcilable differences" in her filing. Her decision to pull the plug on the marriage comes 3 years after Billy Ray filed for divorce but dropped it in an attempt to work things out.
Billy Ray and Tish have been married for 19 years and have 5 children, including, of course, Miley. There's only one minor child left, Noah Cyrus, who is 13.
Tish is asking for full physical and legal custody, with visitation to Billy Ray.Tish is also asking for spousal support, and she wants him to pay her attorney's fees. The date of separation is listed as TBD.
A few hours ago, Miley tweeted @billyraycyrus, "since your texts and email obviously aren't working would you like to talk like this."
Some dude claimed that he ghost-writes George Takei's wildly popular Facebook page for $10 per post. But then Takei fans everywhere freaked the fuck out, so the dude backtracked and was like, "No, JK, you guys! I just sent in some tips a couple of times and he never even wrote me back! George Takei is a one-man everything-machine! NOTHING TO SEE HERE." I don't get this story at all, but okey dokey, everyone.
Some fans of the actor expressed disappointment after comedy writer Rick Polito said in an interview with media blogger Jim Romenesko that he wrote jokes for Takei’s page for $10 each.
In a next-day email to Wired, Takei asked, “What is this hoo-ha about my FB posts?”
He added: “I have Brad, my husband, to help me and interns to assist. What is important is the reliability of my posts being there to greet my fans with a smile or a giggle every morning. That’s how we keep on growing.”
In a follow-up interview with Romenesko published Wednesday, Polito said he had written an apology to Takei and his husband, Brad Altman.
"I just said that I’d been looking for any mention of my book I could get and that I hadn’t meant to expose anything," Polito said. “I don’t update his page. I’ve had no direct contact with George. I’ve sent him some memes, as have other comedian types, and I was happy for the exposure.”
I was going to type a bunch of question marks in a row but then I realized that I don't care. [THR]
- If you haven't seen this photo of a kid who thought he was going to meet Iron Man and then cried when it was "just" Robert Downey Jr., you MUST look at this photo of a kid who thought he was going to meet Iron Man and then cried when it was "just" Robert Downey Jr. IMMEDIATELY. [People]
- Did you know that Lauren Graham wrote a bestselling novel? I didn't. But apparently she's making it into a TV series. [IndieWire]
- Keith Richards says heroin rulez, rehab droolz. (Much like Keith Richards when he's on heroin.) [Radar]
- Tina Majorino has signed on for the Veronica Mars movie. [THR]
- Lindsay Lohan transfered out of Betty Ford and into a new rehab clinic. [People]
- Miley Cyrus wore a crop top and literally the worst pants. [E!]
- Taylor Momsen signed a modeling contract. [Us]
- Happy 27th birthday, Olsen twins! Judging by your footwear, you are celebrating by taking a shower in an Italian youth hostel. [E!]
- Kristen Stewart wore clothes. [E!]
- Robert Pattinson's face got hired for something. [E!]
- Here's Ginnifer Goodwin as Jackie O. [Us]
Images via Getty.