SMelissa McCarthy and Sandra Bullock interviewed each other for Parade and it was hella cute. "If we had a beer den, with Barcaloungers—but our version of that—it’d be great." "There'd be fabric swatches everywhere. And reclaimed wood."
The two bond over worrying about being bad moms: "Every single second of every day," says Bullock. McCarthy adds, "It plagues me. I feel intensely guilty for working."
Bullock: “I’ve always wanted to do a female buddy film, the kind the guys get to do. This didn’t have anything to do with getting a guy, and it didn’t involve shoe shopping."
And on paparazzi: ”We’re adults, and we’re fair game—not that I like being photographed going in and out of school in my sweatpants. But I instinctively throw things over Louis’s head….He doesn’t like [the paparazzi]. He gives them the stink-eye, and they’re like, ‘That’s such an angry kid,’ but I look at them and say, ‘Only when you guys are around." [Parade; lede image by Ruven Afanador via Parade]
91-year-old Prince Philip, husband of Queen Elizabeth II, was hospitalized in London yesterday to undergo "abdominal investigations." He is not in any immediate medical danger and is "in good spirits." *fights urge to make lame bad English food joke* *cat leaps on face* *together we roll off cliff*
No, but actually, he always looks so kindly in pictures, so best of luck to him. [Us Weekly]
I like Russell Brand but he is starting to sincerely sound like Aldous Snow.
"I tried [marriage] and I loved it," he told the magazine of being a married man, explaining that his divorce from Katy Perry had nothing to do with her character. "I really think she's a lovely beautiful person. It's just hard, isn't it? She's got a lot of options, I've got a lot of options, so you've got to really, really want it."
Just once, I would love a celebrity like this to be like, "She chewed with her mouth open, and we hate each other now. Namaste." [Us Weekly]
Katie Holmes had dinner and an "intense discussion" with Gloria Steinem. I WANT to live in a world where Katie was telling Steinem about her feminist awakening after watching Tom Cruise smear $5,000 Scientology gift-shop Xenu droppings on himself for the last time, but they were probs just deciding which bruschetta to order. [Page Six]
Rock Hudson's wife secretly recorded a frank discussion she had with him about his sexuality, and it's on one of many tapes owned of former Hollywood P.I. — amazing.
"You told me you saw thousands of butterlies and also snakes. [A therapist] told me in my analysis that butterflies mean femininity and snakes represent the male penis. I'm not condemning you, but it seems that as long as you recognize the problem, you would want to do something about it."
She also notes his "great speed" during lovemaking and asks him if it is the same with boys.
"Well, it's a physical conjunction [sic]," he replied. "Boys don't fit. So, this is why it lasts longer."
Elsewhere, the P.I. writes in his notes: "I heard Marilyn Monroe die." No explanation. AAAH! Every time we reflect on Hollywood being super fucked up, we are reminded that Old Hollywood was also super fucked up. [THR]
- Lindsay Lohan paid her lawyer. [TMZ]
- Lady Gaga wore a bathing suit. [TMZ]
- "I'M TAKING YOUR MEMORY CARD, BITCH." Justin Bieber is taking your memory card. [TMZ]
- Selena Gomez is "done with him." [Radar Online]
- John Krasinski and co. kept the finale of The Office a secret. (My guess: Everyone Is Essentially Kindhearted! Now Who Wants Some Bagel Chips??! How About You, Pam???!) [People]
- Paris Jackson is doing well in the hospital. [People]
- Jesus Christ, the douche Sofia Vergara is married to is trying to make Pickle Crunch happen now. [Page Six]
- Sarah Jessica Parker is designing a shoe line. I hope you guys know that Sex and The City in Israel is called FUN and The City. That's it. [Styleite]
- Farrah Abraham pleaded guilty to a DUI and is on probation. [Gossip Cop]
- Derek Jeter went to a burlesque club, which would also be the weirdest Cabaret remake ever. [Page Six]
- Kim Kardashian implored photographers to leave her alone. [Radar Online]
- Some reality star who might be pregnant had a cigarette. [NYDN]
- Miley Cyrus put her butt in the air. It's a physical conjunction. [Page Six]
- Jay Pharoah can actually impersonate any human being. [Vulture]