At an event promoting his new movie Lone Survivor, in which he plays a Navy SEAL stranded in Afghanistan, Mark Wahlberg went off on frou-frou movie stars who compare their cushy jobs to military tours of duty.
"For actors to sit there and talk about, 'Oh I went to SEAL training,' I don't give a f—- what you did," he said. "I don't give a shit if you're getting your ass busted. You get to go home at the end of the day, you get to go to your hotel room, you get to order f—-ing chicken."
The actor seemed to be alluding to comments reportedly made by Tom Cruise that compared the time away from his daughter Suri while shooting a film to a soldier's tour in the Middle East.
"I've done other movies where I trained for four-and-a-half years, I did The Fighter — f—- all that," he added. "I'm a very lucky guy to do what I do, and I'm proud to be a part of this, but it's just so much bigger than what I do."
I'MMA LET U FINISH BUT MARK WAHLBERG IS LIKE THE TROOP-SUPPORTIEST ACTOR OF ALL TIME. He also said that he gave up half his Lone Survivor paycheck to make sure Ben Foster could be cast in the movie, which I can get behind. Ben Foster is great. [THR] [Seattle P-I]
Oprah got emotional talking about 12 Years a Slave.
"It's impossible for me to talk about it," she told BBC Arts Editor Will Gompertz as she teared up.
"I can't even talk about it. Devastating."
Winfrey was brought to tears during the interview and explained how pleased she is that a number of films this year cover civil rights topics.
She said, "I think everything has its time and I'm so happy for this time. The fact that all of [the films] are happening this year is really, really exciting. People are ready to hear it."
This is a movie that you should go see. Go see this movie. [E!]
Speaking of, apparently Patton Oswalt was up for the role that eventually went to Taran Killam. [HuffPo]
- Matthew McConaughey doesn't have to be all thin anymore, and now he wants SO MUCH PIE. [E!]
- Miranda Lambert lost weight "the old-fashioned way"—by having fresh pressed juices delivered to her home each day and taking her personal trainer on tour with her. What's YOUR excuse!?!?!!?!??! [People]
- Nick Cannon had to be in a room with his ex-fiancee and then he made this face. [People]
- Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux like each other. [E!]
- Megan Fox "hid" her baby bump by wearing clothes and carrying a purse. [E!]
- If you're following this Real Smelly Vaginas of Beverly Hills shit-show, here's some more stuff about it. [Radar]
- Jennifer Hudson got a star on the walk of fame. [E!]
- HAHAHA KANYE WEST WENT SHOPPING WITH SCOTT DISICK. [JustJared]
- Shirley Mitchell, the last surviving cast member from I Love Lucy, has passed away at age 94. [Us]
Images via Getty.