Today in "being famous is terrifying," Lorde took to Twitter to call out a paparazzo named Simon Runting for stalking her and making her feel unsafe.
"this man has been stalking me, photographing me and refusing me privacy. i am scared of him. he frequents central akl," she wrote, attaching a picture of the grown man. She went on: "this should not be an accepted standard for young women or anyone in this industry." And: "i refuse to stay complicit and i refuse to stay passive about men systematically subjecting me to extreme fear. " And: "i understand that this comes with the territory. i do not understand why I should be complacent."
We tend to be desensitized to the idea that paparazzi constantly and invasively photograph celebrities, but the fact of the matter is that Lorde is 17 YEARS OLD and there's a middle-aged man wielding a camera and making her feel constantly threatened and uncomfortable. That's just horrible and gross. Lorde bequeaths upon us beautiful witch music, and this is how we reward her??? [Cosmo]
Life & Style got everyone allllllll excited by saying that Kim Kardashian and Kanye West got secret-married in California last week. It's not true. So if there's anything you swore to yourself you'd accomplish before the Kimye Communion, you still have time to do it. Bless. [Gossip Cop]
The Imp With the Sparse Mustache Justin Bieber hung out with Kylie Jenner and took a photo, which you may print out and add to your "Why Did Selena Gomez Unfollow Them On Instagram?" conspiracy wall if you so desire. [E!]
He also enjoyed a spa day with Floyd Mayweather, the boxer who recently attempted to shame his ex-girlfriend for having an abortion on his Facebook fan page. I would not have set foot in that spa for all the eye-cucumbers in the world. Later Bieber and Lil' Wayne walked Mayweather to the ring at his fight. [NY Daily News]
- Victoria's Secret model Adriana Lima and her husband (some former NBA player) have split after five years of marriage. [People]
- James Franco, a tiresome creature who will wither into a shriveled husk if not constantly rewarded with attention, announced his intention to "blow up Twitter" before taking a tender shirtless pic with Toby from Pretty Little Liars. [NY Daily News]
- That letter in Kurt Cobain's wallet calling Courtney Love a "bitch with zits" was written by Courtney Love. [Billboard]
- According to contemporary folklore, Selena Gomez stopped being friends with Taylor Swift because she is "boring." As evidence of this, Page Six notes that Taylor consumed naught but a single piece of bread whilst dining out the other night. Idk, this exact thing happened to me recently, and that's because I accidentally ate a plate of nachos before leaving for the restaurant. [Page Six]
- Elizabeth Olsen will not be having a double wedding with Mary-Kate Olsen, probably because a sibling double wedding sounds like the most stressful thing that one could subject oneself to. [People]
- Lady Gaga removed her wig and most of her clothing on stage because of art. [MTV]
- Naya Rivera was not kicked off of Glee; the rumors about her being dropped by Columbia Records are false, too. Someone is having a field day out there saying malicious stuff about her career, I guess. [Billboard]
Image via Splash.