After her breakup with John Mayer, Katy Perry got bangs (which is a commonly accepted human ritual that initiates one into singledom). Then she probably remembered that she is a millionaire and was like, "Wait a minute..." Thus, Katy Perry now has plans to dye her hair "slime green" and become an art collector. As one does.
"I've wanted to go slime green for a long time," she told E! at the MoCA Anniversary Gala. She added, "I'm really excited about slime green, but I hope my hair doesn't fall out."
In a different article about the same event written by the same author (????), she says, "I'm going to slowly become an art collector." She is "really drawn to modern contemporary art and pop art, of course" as well as to "some key photography." Get it, Katy! (By "it," I of course mean "slime green hair and some contemporary art and pop art.") [E!]
Rihanna is avoiding Tyler Perry because Whitney Houston told her that his movies are "for fading black stars," according to a report. The #1 reason this rumor is dubious is because the report goes on to state, "Rihanna... feels it will be better for her career to do something similar to the science fiction war film Battleship," which was a movie about a board game.
Whatever, I would totally go see her in Candyland if she wants to stick with the Milton Bradley school of film. [Radar]
Johnny Depp has hopped onto the burgeoning "mangagement" ring trend — he was spotted wearing a big-ass diamond in China. Apparently this is because he originally bought the single diamond on a silver band for his fiancee Amber Heard, but it was too big for her. Resourceful! [Us]
- Benedict Cumberbatch is joining the cast of Magic Mike XXL! He will play a minor character named Tommy Cheeks. [E!]
- The cast of Nashville is going on a 3-city tour. Connie Britton will not be part of it, which is sad, because I would pay a full ticket price just to watch someone shake a wig that resembles her hair at a microphone. [Billboard]
- Pharrell Williams and his hat will be replacing Cee Lo Green and his parrot as a Voice judge. [Billboard]
- Kaley Cuoco is on the cover of Cosmopolitan, which is most noteworthy because it resulted in the following Big Bang Theory-themed headline: "SEX IT UP! 24 BIG BANG MOVES." MATTER-CREATING ORGASMS. [Cosmo]
- Kim Kardashian reached #enlightenment. [Instagram]
- Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin annoyed all their neighbors by erecting a Fence of Babel around their property. [Radar]
- All your Liquid Dreams have come true at last: O-Town is going back on tour. [Just Jared]
- BIG NEWS!!!!!! The trailer for One Direction's perfume commercial is out!!!!!! [MTV]
- Here is the "occult meaning of Lady Gaga's video G.U.Y." that you've always wondered about. My favorite line: "Nurses then proceed to draw blood from each zombie, including Jesus, which is kind of not respectful." [ONTD]