Incredibly, Justin Timberlake genuinely seemed to have no idea that "Take Back The Night," his latest club single for all of us to get SeXXXy to, shares a name with a massive sexual assault awareness campaign.
After the song dropped Friday, the actual Take Back The Night's Executive Director sent a lawyered-up "Uhh, really, dude?" letter to Timberlake, who responded in a statement:
“Upon the release of my new single ‘Take Back The Night’, I was made aware of an organization of the same name called The Take Back The Night Foundation. I wanted to take this opportunity to let all know that neither my song nor its lyrics have any association with the organization.
As I’ve learned more about The Take Back The Night Foundation, I’m moved by its efforts to stop violence against women, create safe communities and encourage respectful relationships for women — Something we all should rally around. It is my hope that this coincidence will bring more awareness to this cause.”
Thank God he spoke up, because I thought I'd actually been taking part in an annual candlelight vigil to honor one of the guys who sang "Dick in a Box" this whole time. [Radar Online]
30 minutes after the George Zimmerman verdict was announced, Beyoncé had a concert in Nashville, the latest stop on her Mrs. Carter World Tour. Before launching into "Halo," she said "I'd like to have a moment of silence for Trayvon," and followed this up with a few bars of "I Will Always Love You."
Meanwhile, back in New York, Solange Knowles organized a peaceful protest at Brooklyn's Borough Hall, and held a sign quoting Malcolm X: "I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice, no matter who it's for or against."
In some of the final snaps of Cory Monteith before his shocking and untimely death this weekend, he was spotted looking happy with friends in Canada on July 6th. An onlooker says that he saw Monteith, who had checked into rehab for drinking and drugs in April, down three beers during the hangout session. [TMZ]
And at a performance in Manhattan, Matthew Morrison (Mr. Schue) called Monteith "a brother" and performed an opening number from A Chorus Line in his honor. He acknowledged that it felt uncomfortable to perform in the wake of Monteith's passing, but said since the crowd came to see a show, he would dedicate it to Cory. [Artsbeat/NYT]
Maybe Carly Rae Jepsen should resort to something besides throwing a wish in a well. [L.A. Times]
- Playboy turned down Farrah Abraham. [TMZ]
- Kelly Osbourne got engaged to her boyfriend Matthew Mosshart. [E!]
- K8 Middy has changed locations in order to avoid the raw Tennessee Williams-esque sensuality of the sweltering English heat. [Us Weekly]
- Kristen Stewart might be secretly dating Michael Pitt. Hedwig won't be happy. [Page Six]
- Prince William is "glowing" as he waits for his offspring to pop out. [People]
- Whitney Houston's grave was finally given a tombstone and engraved with the lyrics "I Will Always Love You." [TMZ]
- Mariah Carey wore a blinged-out furry arm sling for her dislocated shoulder. #demArmSlings [Us Weekly]
- Kirstie Alley is mad at Leah Remini for turning her back on alien bumpercars, I mean Scientology. [Radar Online]
- Here is a video of Amanda Bynes dancing on her own down the street, just as Robyn endorsed. [Gossip Cop]
- Damn, Leighton Meester's part in the Veronica Mars movie has been recast due to scheduling conflicts. Suxx. [E!]
- Here is a really insignificant picture of Halle Berry in a car in what looks like maybe her wedding dress from her wedding to Olivier Martinez this weekend. [Us Weekly]
- Justin Bieber turned his tour bus into "a party bus" and not a "solemn and mature vehicle." This is shock on my face. [Popcrush]
- Kyle Massey of That's So Raven has denied a Twitter rumor that he has terminal cancer (not Raven at all). [NYDN]
- Colin Hanks and his wife had a baby girl. [Page Six]
- Jeff Daniels said some stuff about The Newsroom. [NYDN]
- "Missy Elliott and Mary J. Blige having dinner at Catch." I guess they lost my cell number, so like, whatever. [Page Six]
- Katie Holmes is considering moving to (my hood!!!) Fort Greene, Brooklyn. [Page Six]
- Demi Lovato worked at Buzzfeed for a day. (Where she revealed that she is not particularly attracted to Ryan Gosling or Channing Tatum.) [Page Six]
- Kim Kardashian went stroller shopping for North on Keeping Up With The I'm Not Even Going To Finish This Program's Title [via Radar]:
"I want to see what skin tone my child is before –” Kim said.
“The kid’s going to be black,” Scott said.