During a Reddit AMA, actor Johnathan Schaech (Jimmy from That Thing You Do!) discussed the period in the mid nineties when he was rumored to be dating the then-closeted Ellen DeGeneres.
“My manager asked me to accompany her to events. She was scared people would not watch the show, her sitcom Ellen, because she was gay. It was an honor,” Schaech told a Redditor.
“I grew up with two gay aunts and a gay uncle. My aunt died of cancer. She was a proud woman and she didn’t get proper care because she didn’t want to be away from her partner. Hospitals didn’t allow partners the same rights as a spouse. When you have someone you love in your life that is gay or a lesbian it’s very clear that they deserve the same rights as anyone else. It’s not about religion. If you don’t love ELLEN now — you don’t watch her show. She’s a great example for the human race.
“I was [supposed] to perform in her coming out episode [on her sitcom] but I ran the marathon and couldn’t walk the next day, the network fired me cause they thought I was lame. I was lame, DONT RUN A MARATHON when your given a great gift.”
Courtney Stodden lit her hair on fire while trying to summon Michael Jackson in a séance.
More like a sign that you should keep your hair away from open flames, b.
Justin Bieber is standing by his dreads. According to the New York Daily News, Bieber—backstage at the iHeart Radio Music Awards told Big Sean. “[People say] you wanna be black and all that stuff, I’m like ‘its just my hair.” Is it, my little Jaybird? Is it?
- Taylor Swift still hates the Biebs and it has nothing to do with his hair. [Dlisted]
- Despite a recent cheating scandal, Iggy Azalea is still engaged to Nick Young. [US Weekly]
- Tamra Judge and Vicki Gunvalson of the Real Housewives of Orange County crashed an off-road vehicle and almost died? [Page Six]
- Someone asked Harry Styles for a selfie at his own grandma’s funeral. [NYDN]
- Drew Barrymore has issued a statement following her split from her husband. [E! News]
Images via Getty.