Baby weight: A thing that happens, sometimes. Ways to fix/change it: Tuna melts*, not caring, doing Zumba or some shit, more tuna melts, or encasing yourself in a chamber of horrors like Jessica Alba. In an interview with Net-a-Porter's magazine, Alba divulges her post-pregnancy weight-loss secret after giving birth to her kids Honor and Haven, and, yeah, it's pretty shocking.
"I wore a double corset day and night for three months. It was sweaty, but worth it." Alba, 31, said. "It was brutal; it's not for everyone."
Just to clarify, Honor was born in June 2008 and Haven in August 2011, so Alba was wearing the double corset in the dog days of summer. Sounds delightfully miserable!
*(Tuna melts fix everything.) [NYDN]
When Katie Couric celebrated the 100th episode of her talk show Katie with guests Joan and Melissa Rivers back in February, she ambushed Joan with questions about why she's such an old jerk. Because, according to a source, "When Katie is asked to do something she doesn’t want to do, the mean girl part of her personality comes out." (Even though, if you recall, she taught Taylor Swift the quote "There's a special place in hell for women who don't help other women.")
According to our source, Rivers became upset when Couric started asking things like why Joan was “self-absorbed” and why everything was always about her.
“She even demanded to know why Joan said ‘nasty’ things about celebrities,” says the source.
“Joan left the show furious with Katie and her producers, vowing to never return."
After winning a modeling contest back in 2009, former Victoria's Secret Angel and super-Christian Kylie Bisutti has retired because God doesn't like push-up bras. She told NYDN that she felt like "a piece of meat" and was encouraged to "play down [her] marriage … because [she] was supposed to be flirting with everyone all the time.”
Victoria's Secret rebuts:
She was never a Victoria’s Secret ‘Angel’ as defined by the terms of our Angel model contract. And contrary to Ms. Bisutti’s claims, she was never offered any subsequent modeling contracts or opportunities with Victoria’s Secret despite her multiple appeals for further work. She has repeatedly fabricated her work experience with Victoria’s Secret — including a relationship that simply did not exist.
This story will make you love Kathy Griffin. Back in the day, she had sex with Fred Stoller, one of her Suddenly Susan co-stars. He writes in his new memoir:
“We stood there not even two minutes deciding what we should do, when she announced, ‘I’m wet,’” he wrote. “Hearing that made it seem appropriate to make a pass at that moment. I suppose I wasn’t that good in bed, because after we slept together, she kept pestering me to allow her to hit me in the face.”
When he asked her why she wanted to do that, her response shocked him.
“I have hostility towards men. They rape, watch porn, and go to strip clubs,” she explained.
“I only do two out of three of those,” he responded. “We lay together peacefully for a few moments until she yelled, ‘Stop looking at my ass!’”
FULL DISCLOSURE: I loved her before. I know. Sorry not sorry. [Radar Online]
- Eva Longoria couldn't eat after her divorce from Tony Parker. [Us Weekly]
- Melissa Gilbert got married to Timothy Busfield, the first happy occasion for the Ingalls family since Mary went blind. [Us Weekly]
- Nicki Minaj will make her acting debut in the upcoming Cameron Diaz movie The Other Woman. [THR]
- Joe and Tina Simpson's divorce is officially finalized. [TMZ]
- Swedish cops found ganj and a stun gun on Justin Bieber's tour bus. [NYDN]
- Kathie Lee got everyone at NBC to sign a letter of support for Matt Lauer. [NYDN]
- Kim Kardashian wore a sheer little black dress. (NEWSSS.) [Us Weekly]
- Also, she and the other Klurrdashiurrns are in Greece. [Gossip Cop]
- Jane Fonda "doesn't consider [herself] beautiful." [People]
- One of Mike Tyson's old girlfriends once cooked and ate one of his pet pigeons right in front of him. :( [Radar Online]
- Oh hell yes: Javier Bardem and Penelope Cruz are moving to Brooklyn. (Hopefully across the street from me, with no curtains on their windows.) [NYDN]
- Chris Noth believes in Anthony Weiner's comeback. [Page Six]
- Whoa, Bethenny Frankel does kind of look like Michael Jackson. [TMZ]
- Uh, that Texas news show is way sorry they accidentally captioned Zooey Deschanel as the Boston Marathon bomber. [Page Six]
- Carey Mulligan scored the role of Daisy Buchanan after she unexpectedly kissed Leonardo DiCaprio during her audition. [Page Six]