No you did not imagine that headline. Go ahead, read it again. Elusive honey badger George Clooney has proposed to his girlfriend, British barrister Amal Alamuddin according to "sources." Apparently George and Amal were seen having dinner with their friend Cindy Crawford (just casual), where Amal showed off her new engagement ring. One of these "sources" told People:
"George and Amal are trying to keep things very low-key but they also aren't really trying to hide this, it doesn't seem. I think it's like they want the people they love to know that this is real, that they plan on being together forever."
On top of that, a rep for Clooney has declined to comment on his "personal life," so YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS (I have no idea what that means). While "together forever" + George Clooney does not exactly compute at the moment, this is still very exciting news. Congrats to both of them and sorry Mom. [People]
Working together has only made Nick Offerman and Megan Mullally's adorable comedy and saliva-infused bond even stronger. The dynamic duo are currently starring in a pretty intense two-person play, Annapurna, one of several projects they've worked together on. Offerman told People Magazine:
"When Megan came on Parks and Rec as Tammy 2, that was kind of a watershed moment for me where we were treated like peers, like a team," Offerman, 43, recalls. "Up until that point I'd felt like Megan's student and fan. So once that happened, those particular roles required a lot of trust and vulnerability to go to horrifyingly deep places, especially with our tongues. So I feel like we've graduated to a level where we can look at each other and jump off any cliff together."
Goddammit I love them and their peer/lover situation. I'm going to go eat a jar of pickles and softly cry to myself, whispering "teamwork." [People]
It looks like Katy Perry and Rihanna have gotten back together and are fabulous celebrity friends again because they were at the same party celebrating the birthday of one of the Major Lazer dudes. You know because Katy Perry is supposedly dating another Major Lazer dude, Diplo. I hope they're friends again because I really miss that Katy/Riri shade-ridden friendship. [Just Jared]
- Newly single Chris Martin has opened up for the first time since the "conscious uncoupling," saying "Everyone in their life goes through challenges, whether it's love or money or kids or illness." [People]
- The Royal Family dropped at least $83,000 on Duchess Kate's wardrobe for that 19-day tour of Australia and New Zealand. Again, me, the jar of pickles, and the crying. [Celebitchy]
- EJ Johnson, son of Magic, will be joining his father in boycotting the Clippers until the owner Donald Sterling, who is a racist poop chute of a human being, steps down. [TMZ]
- After firing her parents as manager, Selena Gomez hired Katy Perry's manager Bradford Cobb. Please please please let this not mean a sudden foray into ridiculous costumes that feature boob puns. [US Magazine]
- The Wanted's Siva Kaneswaran and Jay McGuinness were attacked by a homeless man with a knife they had just given money to on their way out of seeing "Transcendence." Um. [TMZ]
- Eva Longoria wants to encourage Latino voters to show up for midterm elections and discourage rumors of a goddamn Desperate Housewives reunion. [E!]
- It's Tom Hiddleston with a sock monkey. [Perez Hilton]
Lead image via Getty.