SCatherine Zeta-Jones has once again checked herself into an inpatient facility to be treated for bipolar II disorder. She'd completed a Connecticut hospital stint for the same reason in 2011. Her rep confirms: "Catherine has proactively checked into a health care facility. Previously Catherine has said that she is committed to periodic care in order to manage her health in an optimum manner."
A source says this second stay is just "maintenance."
"There was no big problem," says a friend. "This was just a good time to do it. She is in between projects. This has always been part of the plan. She would manage her health. She is vigilant about it."
The source/friend/bus driver/squirrel adds that this was the best way for Zeta-Jones to have doctors closely manage her meds. [People]
Lindsay Lohan is talking to Celebuzz about potentially blogging about the lessons she learned from rehab after her 90-day stint (which hasn't even started yet), even though we all saw the movie of it, which was Georgia Rule. And Jane Fonda won't even be in this version. Apparently:
Her next step would be to launch her own site with her musings on art, fashion, music and movies.
After months of estrangement following Demi Moore's semi-meltdown, Rumer Willis has reunited with her mom for yoga, because, of course. They and Rumer's boyfriend Jayson Blair did downward dog for 90 minutes in West Hollywood and left feeling refreshed, invigorated and not like driving to Cabo Cantina for Happy Hour and drunk-texting Ashton Kutcher. [Us]
Once upon a time, Geri Halliwell and Mel B were hanging out at an English pub, apparently in the middle of the day (!) and Mel dared Geri to sing a Spice Girls song in the middle of the room, and all of the people there were completely confused (and all could be played by Jim Broadbent). [Gossip Cop]
- Instead of taking baby gifts, Kim Kardashian's asking her pals to make a donation to a children's hospital in Kanye West's hometown. [TMZ]
- The family of a pitcher depicted as a racist in the Jackie Robinson biopic 42 says he wasn't racist. [TMZ]
- A few months ago, Amanda Bynes demanded access to all her money. [Radar Online]
- Czech model Eva Herzigova had a baby. [Us Weekly]
- Selena Gomez's friends are face-palming over her reunion with Justin Bieber. [The Sun]
- Anne Hathaway hid in a rando's car at LAX to avoid paparazzi. Hopefully it wasn't a Hatha-hater. That'd be awkward. [Gossip Cop]
- Maria Shriver is joining Today as a special anchor. ("Special," a.k.a. "Kennedy.") [Today]
- Sigh. Sad emails about Michael Jackson emerge in court: he was "an emotionally paralyzed mess riddled with self-loathing." [NYDN]
- Heather Locklear is dating a top plastic surgeon, which is like the rest of us dating a Little Debbie snack cake factory. [Page Six]
- Vivid CEO Steve Hirsch on purchasing Farrah Abraham's sex tape and naming it The Bicycle Thief. Just kidding, Backdoor Teen Mom. "Farrah is gorgeous, sexy and absolutely uninhibited." Brb, gotta go take a shower in ammonia. [Us Weekly]
- Michael Fassbender will play Macbeth in the upcoming screen adaptation. Ideas for Lady Macbeth? [E!]
- Kiera Knightley might get secretmarried in the south of France this weekend. See you there! [Daily Mail]
- Courteney Cox and Lisa Kudrow sipped on some vodka together. Clap clap clap clap. [People]
- John Mayer is helping build homes for veterans in Louisiana, or at least posing for a picture where he appears to do so and then putting his Ray Bans back on and going to get a po' boy. [Gossip Cop]
- Madonna's daughter Lourdes Leon dyed her hair green. [People]
- Julianne Hough was initially afraid of dating Ryan Seacrest because he was so "powerful," LOLOLOL. [Celebitchy]
- John Krasinski will appear on Arrested Development (although the only way I can imagine this happening is if the show's regulation straight man Jason Bateman's stuffed in the trunk of a car). [Entertainment Weekly]
- Rihanna bought Chris Brown a $1 million customized Mercedes for his upcoming birthday. [TV3.ie]
- Jessica Simpson had a birthday party for her daughter Maxwell, 1 year old. [People]
Image via AP