Age of Adaline star and former entrepreneur Blake Lively seems like the kind of person for whom things just cannot go wrong, and that’s probably because she’s exactly that kind of person. What happened last night is proof.
Lively had big plans in the Big Apple Tuesday evening, and they required driving all the way to Manhattan’s bustling Lincoln Center (presumably from a chic hotel downtown) for the American Ballet Theatre’s spring gala. Page Six reports Lively was “desperate” to meet artist Mark Ryden at the event, but that she almost (hold your gasps) didn’t make it. Why? Traffic, of course—something Lively is used to stopping, though rarely to such detrimental effect.
The key word from the story above, however, is “almost,” as Lively—dressed in stunning neon ensemble by Oscar de la Renta—made it there on time. A source tells me she had a great time, and that source’s name is Captain Obvious.
Less than 24 hours after Katy Perry described her ongoing feud with Taylor Swift in full (and fully boring) detail, People has published a lengthy story about Swift’s alleged relationship with English actor and star of last year’s monster flop Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk, Joe Alwyn.
The piece is based on intel from two anonymous sources, one of whom said the following:
“Taylor has been insanely private about her relationship with Joe. She wanted to get to know him without any chaos. She has learned from the past.”
The other adds this classic line:
“Joe’s a very normal, down-to-earth guy. He’s private and low-key.”
I’m not saying those claims aren’t true, I’m just saying the timing of their release feels like something resembling damage control. I’m also saying it sounds like her publicist is working overtime this week for the first time in almost a year.
Here’s a photo of Reese Witherspoon, Nancy Meyers, and Nancy Meyers’s daughter, Hallie Meyers-Shyer:
- Here are some photos of Kiefer Sutherland getting wasty-face in Canada and flirted with ladies. [Radar Online]
- Having sex with Orlando Bloom is very good for your career, at least some of the time! [Page Six]
- Cindy Adams is blown away by John Slattery’s literacy (and gray hair). [Page Six]
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton keep finding new ways to make me hate the expression of love. [People]
- I wonder if there’s enough space on Chris Pine’s flip phone for my number... [Us Weekly]