One Ohio man went to a bunch of trouble to ~disrupt~ all those tired nativity scene cliches, and his town has rewarded him with demands to take the whole thing down.
Last week, Fox 19 featured Cincinnati-area homeowner Jasen Dixon and his "very usual and unique" nativity scene. You see, he runs a haunted house, and he didn't want to buy any extra supplies for his Christmas decorations. So he took his Halloween paraphernalia and built himself a manger starring a zombie baby Jesus. "On the average we probably get 30 or 40 cars stop and taking pictures, getting out with their camera," he said, but it's not universally lauded: "The neighbors don't like it. My father hates it and anything bad that happens he blames it on that."
Said one neighbor: "I think it's a little too much but no, it doesn't offend me. I mean, we live in America, so everybody has freedom of speech." Now that's my kinda neighbor.
But the matter did not rest there. According to an update from Fox 19, the township in which he resides says he's gotta take the damn thing down:
According to documents obtained by FOX19 NOW, Sycamore Township does not allow structures to be located in the front or the side yard to occupy more than 35 percent of the area. Also, the primary structure must be three feet from the street, and six feet from the house.
"I've lived here for 15 years and I've never had a violation of any kind," he said. "It's a holiday decoration. I know if it was a real pretty nativity scene they wouldn't be saying anything."
He's got until December 26 to take the decorations down, so it's pretty much a moot point anyway.
Images via FOX19