Zayn Malik went out into the world and made his first public appearance since leaving One Direction. Malik accepted an award for Outstanding Achievement in Music at the Asian Awards in London. He gave a nice speech thanking both his parents and “four of the best guys I’ve ever met.” TMZ would like to note that “he thanks 1D and he’s Asian!!!”
But if that wasn’t news enough, in addition to going out in public, Zayn has a new nose ring, and he shaved his head. Yes, that’s right, his beautiful, Sampson-like locks are gone. Let’s hope that his god-like power wasn’t taken with his beautiful hair.
Meanwhile, Harry Styles supported Chelsea Handler’s never-ending campaign to keep her butt on Instagram.
When Ben Affleck appeared on Henry Louis Gates Jr.’s PBS show Finding Your Roots, the actor demanded that any mention of his slave-owning ancestors be removed. In a hacked Sony email, Gates wrote to Sony USA chief Michael Lynton:
“One of our guests has asked us to edit out something about one of his ancestors–the fact that he owned slaves. Now, four or five of our guests this season descend from slave owners, including Ken Burns. We’ve never had anyone ever try to censor or edit what we found. He’s a megastar. What do we do?”
Lynton advised Gates to honor Affleck’s request. The October 14, 2014 episode makes no mention of Affleck’s slave-owning ancestors. Gates responded in a statement:
“Ultimately, I maintain editorial control on all of my projects and, with my producers, decide what will make for the most compelling program. In the case of Mr. Affleck — we focused on what we felt were the most interesting aspects of his ancestry — including a Revolutionary War ancestor, a 3rd great-grandfather who was an occult enthusiast, and his mother, who marched for Civil Rights during the Freedom Summer of 1964.”
In a statement to Page Six, PBS reaffirmed their support for Gates’ editorial direction. [Page Six]
- Furious 7 has broken the one billion dollar mark because moviegoers love sophisticated plot lines. [Us Weekly]
- Director Michelle MacLaren left Wonder Woman over “artistic differences.” [Variety]
- Real Housewife Peggy Tanous was on My Cat From Hell. [Us Weekly]
- Leonardo DiCaprio can’t stop jetting around on his private plane. [Radar]
- Jordin Sparks might be dating Sage the Gemini. [E!]
- That other guy in One Direction, Louis Tomlinson, is starting a record label. [Gossip Cop]
- Disney lost a second lawsuit over Frozen. Cue “Let It Go” jokes. [The Hollywood Reporter]
- Kanye West is just out there “crashing[ing] the Internet,” dropping truth, saying extremely truthful things, that “literally break the Internet.” [Celebitchy]
- R&B singer Johnny Kemp was found dead in Jamaica. [Us Weekly]
Images via Getty.