- Roberto Cavalli is now in the wine business. We hope it comes with a leopard print label! [WWD, 1st item]
- Diane Lane is the latest Neutrogena "brand ambassador." Jesus Christ do we hate that term. [WWD, 2nd item]
- Marcus Wilmont and Maki Aminaka Lofvander won England's Fashion Fringe award for their label Aminaka Wilmont. The collection they showed was inspired by the idea of "a serial killer model." Incidentally, Naomi Campbell "burst into spontaneous applause from her spot on the front row when they sent their first model down the catwalk." [Vogue UK]
- Jimmy Choo CEO Tamara Mellon's ex-husband Matthew on his former wife: "When your wife makes $100 million during the course of your marriage, it's quite a shocker . . . I felt like my masculinity had been stripped from me. I feel like my b - - - s are in a jar, like a Damien Hirst artwork on the mantelpiece." [NY Post]
- English model Sophie Andertson lost a $200,000 contract to be the face of a line of tanning salons (uh, yeah) after it was revealed that she offered sex and cocaine to an undercover reporter. Um, and the reporter didn't take it? All for the glory of ruining the career of a model no one has heard of? There should be some kind of anti-Pulitzer for this. [Daily Mail]
- New York Times Style section photographer Bill Cunningham has undergone eye surgery. Get well soon! [Fashion Week Daily]
- Converse is the latest brand to offer up an exclusive line at Target. Which makes us laugh. Cause like this is Converse after all, not Balenciaga. [Sassybella]
- Nordstrom's sales are up 22% in the third fiscal quarter. We think it's that in-store baby grand. [WSJ]
Oh Matthew, BOOHOO! Females outnumber males and we live longer so it only stands to reason that we've figured out we don't need you for your bank accounts. I would assume that men would be shouting "it's about freakin' time, ladies!" Instead, they whine b/c some make more than them?
Jeez, I'd be thrilled.
Also - if you actually went on record as saying such...then, Matthew, you DESERVE to have your balls pickled.