- Private equity concern The Carlyle Group is rumored to be out of the race for control of Valentino, as the $3.5 billion needed to buy out the company is way too steep. [WWD, sub req'd]
- The NY Times "Sunday Styles" section fails to give a single word to Karl Lagerfeld and Chanel Resort 2008, but has lots to say about Pee Wee Herman. [NYT]
- Having recently announced it was going to "rock in apparel", Wal-Mart yanks its first "designer" clothing line because of weak sales. [WSJ]
- Giorgio Armani is no longer dressing England's soccer teams. Yeah, what's the point if he doesn't get to pretty-up David Beckham anymore? [Fashion, Inc.]
- Did somebody forget to tell us that it's "Designers Who Love Martha Stewart" week? Both Tom Ford and Donna Karan will be cooking up with our favorite queen of domesticity/prison bitch this week. [WWD, 1st item; sub req'd]
- So apparently there's a new blog in town, all about celebrity culture, women's magazines, and fashion. Oh wait, that would be us! [WWD, final item]
Sculptor?!? I just met her!
Riiight. I shop at Wal-Mart for high end fashion the way I shop at Big Lots! for gourmet foods...sheesh.