It hit 32 degrees in all 50 states yesterday, so you know what that means: WINTOUR IS COMING. And along with her stone cold demeanor and impeccable bob, she's bringing KIMYE commentary.
Last March, Vogue subscribers collectively lost their minds when Anna Wintour chose Kanye West and Kim Kardashian, reigning king and queen of the self-shill, as the magazine's April cover models. "HEAVENS NO," cried Upper East Side and fancy suburban ladies alike, all nearly ripping the seams of their Tory Burch leggings in the shock of it all. "What is Vogue thinking? How drrrrrreadfully tasteless."
Well, guess what, haters? Anna Wintour knew it was tasteless and did it anyway so FUCK YOU.
As she told Fashionista:
"I see the role of Vogue to reflect what's going on in the culture. The first celebrity that I put on the cover of Vogue was Madonna, and that was considered completely controversial at the time, too. It's such a long time ago probably no one remembers, but she was a very controversial figure. Now she's part of the establishment. I think if we just remain deeply tasteful and just put deeply tasteful people on the cover, it would be a rather boring magazine! Nobody would talk about us. It's very important that people do talk about us. Going back to Estée Lauder's decision to make Kendall Jenner the face of Estée Lauder. What a fantastic decision that was! They have a wonderful brand that's very traditionally American, and they decided they want to shake it up and reach a different audience. Now and again one has to do things like that. I think it's part of the excitement and part of being a journalist. I hope another Kim Kardashian comes along this year!"
Not really sure how Kimye are any less tasteful than, say, Blake Lively (or how Kendall Jenner counts as anything other than American), but regardless, I hope they cover every Vogue until the end of time—just so we get to see these pearl clutchers nearly strangle themselves to death.
Someone on Twitter asked Solange how she ended up with face hives on her wedding day and she tweeted back "Got em from turning up x100 during our second line. I was hot, wearing a cape, & happy as hell:)." Dress by Kenzo, bracelets by Lady Grey, face hives by happiness. Still the most stylish wedding of the year. [Gossip Cop]
Speaking of the Knowles family, the long-running conspiracy theory that Kelly Rowland is Beyoncé's secret sister was given more fodder after Bey posted a photo of Kelly's new baby on Instagram with the caption "There's no better feeling than holding my beautiful nephew. I thank god for the honor of witnessing my sister's journey into motherhood I've always dreamt of our little ones growing up together. I'm so thankful for our bond. Baby Ty, I love you so much. Congrats to my Spoons." I mean, WHAT OTHER EXPLANATION IS THERE??? [Radar]
- Billy Bragg says Taylor Swift sold her soul to Google by making a deal with YouTube's Music Key subscription service. Swift's reps say the deal hasn't happened yet, but either way, there are going to be a lot of tense dinner table conversations between punk rock dads and their tween daughters happening this week. [Billboard]
- I met Billy Bragg at a coffee shop once and he was very nice. [my memories]
- Kristen Stewart really doesn't give a shit that you saw her nipple. [Dlisted]
- After all those years of saving, you can finally buy the childhood home of Justin Bieber. [MTV]
- Lorde and Diplo might be friends again. [Cosmo]
- A match made in Graveyard Heaven: Corpse Bride (Lana Del Rey) is doing a song for the new Tim Burton soundtrack. [Billboard]
- Bill Hader and Maggie Carey had their third baby! [NY Daily News]
- Fox is wasting their time and making an American version of Luther and Idris Elba is onboard as executive producer (it's unclear if he will star). [Deadline]
- Seemingly on a mission to bring hot British dudes to your TV, Fox is also producing a series starring Tom Hardy for FX. [MTV]
- FKA twigs says that dating Robert Pattinson makes up for all the bullshit racism that's coming her way from angry Twihards. Crazy haircuts and all: I'm invested in these two. [Gossip Cop]
- Can I ask you a question as friends? What does it mean when my coworkers always feel compelled to send me breaking Kelsey Grammer news?
Photos via Getty/Instagram.