- So that's what Naomi Campbell was doing in Venezuela: interviewing Hugo Chavez for British GQ. Now they're sending her to talk to Fidel Castro. Is this a fucking joke? And if not, does she realize the whole Latin American socialist alliance thing is like, kinda last season? [Vogue UK]
- Selling real fur as "faux": clever move, Neiman and Saks! [Consumerist]
- On the heels of an ELLE redesign, Vogue is undergoing some design "tweaking" of its own. [WWD, 1st item]
- Agyness Deyn is the face of — well, the whole entire fucking universe, including the Armani cell phone. [Sassybella]
- Marketing ploy we just can't avoid: Blackberry has asked Karl Lagerfeld, Dita von Teese, Henry Holland and others to share their favorite secret spots for the masses on their new website The B List. Karl: likes eating tacos at La Esquina in NYC. Where they put crickets in the tacos! [Vogue UK]
- Signing bottles of Armani perfume in Milan, Beyonce shared how excited she was to go to her "mum's" for Christmas. Oh god. [WWD, sub req'd]
- Whoah: Over-the-knee Uggs. [FabSugar]
- Coach: still doing meh. [Portfolio]
- Lanvin Spring 2008 ads: you know, they said the giant tent-dress trend was over, but not really getting that vibe with this one... [Sassybella]
- Valentino Spring 2008 ads: who needs plastic surgery when you've got a giant handbag to shield your face? [Sassybella]
1) Is this Naomi Campbell business part of some crazy MI6 semi-covert op? Because I can't for the life of me figure out how a strategy meeting at GQ ended with a consensus that hiring NC as special correspondent would be a good move.
2) Coach needs to realize that digging themselves out of that financial hole will require them to lower their prices and the fug factor on their increasingly silly bags. Attractiveness and price should not be inversely proportional.
3) Why does Valentino feature well-dressed women shielding their faces and rolling in the grass? Does he think he's appealing to the non-famous woman's paparazzi fantasy or the straight woman's lesbian fantasy? I'm confused. Because he's failed on both counts.