- Pseudo-alt schlockmeisters Urban Outfitters have pulled a tee from their California stores bearing the words "I Support Same Sex Marriage," while presumably continuing to carry shirts that say "Lebowski 08." Urban remains unrepentant. [Racked]
- Can you stand it? Probably: Now you can see the full ten minutes of Karl Lagerfeld's silent treatment of Coco Chanel! [Fashionologie]
- Okay, maybe you can stand that, but what about this: Mariah Carey has selected the fan's dress design that best captures the spirit of her new fragrance, "Luscious Pink!" [ET Online]
- Grateful Dead Converse premiere. University of Vermont rejoices! [Telegraph]
- Still standing? Well, clearly you haven't heard about Nicole Richie's trip to Moscow with the Russian Peaches Geldof! [WWD]
- Wait, what? Conde Nast is launching a new British fashion magazine! You know, those things that are closing all over the world? But you see, this one is called Love, and it's "edgy" and "high-end." Our prayers are with you. [WWD]
- Nigel Barker and his wife have a presumably stunning baby girl, Jasmine. [Us]
- Not shockingly, New York retailers are down. [WWD]
- Sergio Rossi is an economic casualty: they're closing all U.S. stores. [New York]
- Those vibrating mascara brushes are a recession bright spot. Tear-proof formula, we assume! [WSJ]
- Also presumably doing OK, H&M opens its first Israeli store. [WWD]
- Kenneth Cole says his new collection's going to do well, because it's better. Does this translate to fewer smug puns - or more? [Crains]
- New York Times reporter finds the Paul Stuart store a pleasantly classic antidote to outmoded excess. We find our bank balances serve the same salutary function! [New York Times]
- Of her naked romp for CK, Eva Mendes: "I certainly don't consider it modelling." [Telegraph]
- Will Monique Lhuillier be collaborating with Cinta? Or was she just having lunch with the designer? Or are they just good friends?[WWD]
- Some good news! A new report has found fewer creepy chems in perfumes and other personal care fripperies! [USA Today]
- We're liking reports of a new, lower-priced line from Doo.Ri. Let's think more Go! for Target then Moschimo "Cheap and Chic," 'k? [WWD]
[Image via Support Shirts]
Sergio Rossi's shoes are to die for. And a sale of $50-$100!!!
While that amount is even a splurge,hold me jesys I would splurge on that!
Sergio Rossi, you should consider designing for Payless. You can stay in the States and service the masses.