Ouch ouch ouch, my heart. Tim Gunn talked to Larry "Still a Thing?" King about his admiration for gay youth who are open about their sexuality, and his own struggles communicating with his parents.
"It was a very different time. It was a very different era. And I had a lot of fears about being gay, about what that actually meant. And I had already presented my family with a lot of disappointments and I didn't feel that I wanted to present them with yet this. It's very funny, though. My mother died two years ago. And I think she eventually figured out my sexuality, but we never talked about it. And my father was gone long before. We never once talked about it.”
OOPS THERE'S SOMETHING IN MY EYE—I THINK IT'S 24 HOURS OF GUTTURAL WRACKING SOBS. [Towleroad]
Katie Couric says that the rumor she's replacing Barbara Walters on The View is "completely false."
"No, that's an example I think of a story I guess that was printed and then was repeated that's just not true," Couric tells E! News. "It's very flattering. I'm a big fan of Barbara's and a big fan of the show, but it's completely false."
Couric added, "Again, I think that unfortunately, linking has replaced reporting and it's just a strange way of covering the news."
It's like all the things that I care about the least had a baby. [E!]
- Liberace's former boyf Scott Thorson (a.k.a. Matt Damon in Behind the Candelabra) wasn't invited to the Emmys because of meth reasons maybe. [TMZ]
- Bruce Jenner had surgery to remove skin cancer from around his nose. He's reportedly doing well. [E!]
- The #1 reason I ever wished I was prettier was so I could do that crazy thing pretty girls do where they wear, like, a big pile of diapers and everyone nods and is all, "Yes, outfit." Case in point: HUDGENS. Seriously, not shaming. Genuinely into it. [JustJared]
- Cate Blanchett is magic. [E!]
- People are still sending Russell Simmons hate mail over his Harriet Tubman Sex Tape "error." [ContactMusic]
- CM-squared and his fiance broke up. (Laydeeeeeeeeeeeez!!!) [ContactMusic]
- A moving truck stopped by Miley's house and picked up the rest of Liam Hemsworth's treasures. [E!]
- Amanda Seyfried and Justin Long ran into Hilaria and Alec Baldwin on the street and then Amanda Seyfried made this face. [E!]
- Maria Menounos says she doesn't work out—she just takes the stairs instead of the escalator. [E!]
- Khloe Kardashian Odom posted a "throwback" photo...from earlier this month. AH, TO BE YOUNG AGAIN LIKE IN EARLY SEPTEMBER 2013. [E!]
- Oh, hello. Don't mind if I do.
Images via Getty.