- France's new President and First Lady, Nicolas and Cecilia Sarkozy, cause national uproar when they both wear Italian-designed Prada to inauguration. Only in France, kids, only in France. [WWD, sub req'd]
- Pucci label celebrates 60th anniversary with a party that we bet would be a lot of fun on acid, which may have been the catalyst for such profundities as Laudomia Pucci's: ""But you will see there is no red - Daddy worked with fuchsia." [IHT]
- New investment firm (the nauseatingly-named "CHIC") invests only in luxury brands, promises to profit off the growing popularity of five-hundred-dollar wallets and other such absurdities in Third World countries. You can share in said profits if you can scrounge up $10,000 on eBay. [Fashion Inc.]
- Chronically-troubled luxury retailer Saks — who has time to go all the way upstairs? — is suddenly hot again, according to its first quarter earnings report. We blame Chloe. [NYT]
- French label Vionnet sees designer Sophie Kokosalaki exit as Vionnet artistic advisor Marc Audibet assumes her title. We will totally give you $10,000 if you can pronounce that sentence correctly. [Vogue UK]
- Only in Japan: Anna Sui creates a licensed line to be offered exclusively in Japan and aimed at 18 to 25-year old women. [WWD, sub req'd]
- This year's Council of Fashion Designers of America [CFDA] Awards is partnering with the CarbonNeutral Company to offset the carbon emissions of the evening, which we find not at all trend-humping of them! [WWD, 3rd item; sub req'd]
More from Jezebel
Regarding: New investment firm (the nauseatingly-named "CHIC") invests only in luxury brands...
I think I'm going to vomit. Doesn't this make you want to vomit? I would vomit, but I'm too busy being "curvey".