- Less than a month until the election, folks, and it's getting really ugly.
- John McCain sounding like a total loon during the debates, calling Obama "That One": ugly.
- Illogical republican strategists yelling at Newsweek for putting a (gasp!) un-retouched photo of Sarah Palin on the cover: ugly!
- Nikki Blonsky kicking Bianca Golden's mom in the vagina at an airport: ugly!
- At least we have the unarguably awesome Sarah Vowell and Donna Brazile to guide us through the ugliness.
- Though they can't really fix the ugly in this mess of the economy... or this Free People catalog.
- Questions about pelvic exams? We're at your cervix.
- Speaking of pelvic exploration, Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist has an endearing and accurate depiction of teen sex.
- Thank jebus it's the weekend. So kick back with a career romance like the young modern you are, and have a fantastic 48 hours with Hortense!
So, did anyone else watch the NHL opener with washed-up Def Leppard? Anyone else watch the lead signer proudly put the Stanley Cup UPSIDE DOWN on its podium? I want an explanation, NHL. #1: Def Leppard performing hits from Hysteria as a season opener? wtf? #2: Seriously, Def Leppard? #3: You couldn't find someone who's heard of hockey and maybe can figure out that the black plastic stand goes on the bottom? #4: Pour some sugar on me.