This morning the tabloids were obsessed with one single mystery: Why are Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck still wearing their wedding rings? A great mystery indeed and, undoubtedly, one that deserves some serious attention. Garner was seen wearing her ring during a coffee run yesterday in Atlanta. Meanwhile in California, Affleck was also wearing his wedding ring. But wait, there’s a twist! Affleck wore his ring during a panel discussion at Comic Con (capes, Batman, whatnot) only to later take his ring off, “revealing a faint imprint of where a ring once was.” What could it all mean? [Us Weekly; NYDN]
Carrie Underwood’s dogs accidentally locked themselves and her four-month old in car. Underwood broke the windows of the car and later tweeted about it later (since this was an open opportunity to shame the parenting skills of another human being, the responses are hilariously smug). No word on whether or not Underwood used a Louisville slugger to smash the windows.
Games of Thrones’ Sophie Turner spoke about the show’s controversial depiction of the rape of her character Sansa Stark. While at Comic Con, Turner told a panel that Stark didn’t fight back because “She’s one of those characters that does her scheming in her mind, not outwardly.” A fan also asked Turner to elaborate on comments that she had made earlier, namely that she “secretly loved” the rape scene. Turner replied:
“I think Sansa has gone through a lot, and has developed skills from Margaery and others. But she’s just as strong as before. What’s she’s been doing this whole series is just getting by without doing anything totally radical because that could totally change her situation—she could die.”
- Here’s Sam Heughan dressed like a pirate. [E!]
- Tyrese is promoting his new album by bothering people on the subway. [Page Six]
- Jennie Garth got married. [Us Weekly]
- Mila Kunis is just another celebrity mom with a gun. [E!]
- Kourtney Kardashian took to Twitter to show off her extensive knowledge of Bible verses. [Gossip Cop]
- Oh look, Courtney Stodden went to Comic Con. [Too Fab]
- Scott Disick does not look happy in this photograph. [Us Weekly]
Images via Getty and Twitter.