- Teen Vogue editor in chief Amy Astley's New Year's Resolution is to read more books in lieu of the New York Post and break her kids of their Disney Channel habit. Because what you are offering the culture is sooooo motherfucking wholesome and thought-provoking, Amy Astley. [WWD
- Jude Law maybe to play Halston in a biopic about the designer. [Fashionista]
- Rapey designer Anand Jon's sister thinks every one of the 30 women accusing him of sexual assault is a gold-digging whore. [Times Of India]
- Every time you order champagne you are probably only lining the pockets of Scarlett Johansson, if you think about it. Maybe get high instead? [WSJ]
- Some clothing company took out ads that read it "is not racist like Tommy Hilfiger." God this is so stupid. Tommy Hilfiger is not racist, just talentless and clearly somewhat repressed. Whatever stupid clothing company is trying to drum up publicity by reminding everyone of the urban legend that Tommy Hilfiger hates the race of people who used to buy his stupid clothing is only getting blogged about because nothing is going on in the fashion industry right now and I am not even going to name it here but go ahead and click if you want. [Observer]
- I don't know who Jessie Randall is but I hate brunch, too. Not the meal itself, just the dogma of it, or something. [The Fashion Informer]
- Anne Hathaway is the new "brand ambassador" for Lancome. No link, it's just an email I got. Exciting, right?
- You know that phenomenon whereby people with entirely too much disposable income resort to spending it on pointlessly expensive "luxury goods" to broadcast their wealth, superiority, etc? Well have you heard? It even happens in the Middle East. [WWD]
- You know that other phenomenon whereby models are thin? Yeah there's apparently more to say about that too. [Vogue UK]
I will come down firmly on the "pro" side for brunch, mostly because on days when I wake up around (or after...) noon, it's a great cover for why I'm eating bacon and muffins at 1:30 in the afternoon. I'm not lazy and unable to leave the house, you see, I'm having BRUNCH.
Plus, brunch makes finishing a carafe of champagne (for mimosas... right?) ok before dusk.