Sofia Vergara heard all the criticism and claims of sexism during and decided to respond to the haters. Or maybe just the one hater that started it all.
A lot of people were none too pleased with the fact that the Emmys displayed Vergara on a turn table while the President of the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences gave a boring monologue about how much they value diversity or whatever. Entertainment Weekly got her take on the matter:
Yet when asked whether the stunt was sexist and demeaning, Vergara shot back: "I think its absolutely the opposite. It means that somebody can be hot and also be funny and make fun of herself. I think it's ridiculous that somebody started this—I know who she was—who has no sense of humor [and should] lighten up a little bit."
First of all, I don't think anyone actually hates on Sofia Vergara for being hot. Second, I can't tell if she is talking about an individual woman who "started this" or if she's talking about a type of woman. Either way, it can't be more ridiculous than putting a woman on a pedestal for viewing pleasure while touting a commitment to diversity. [ EW]
Hayden Panettiere accidentally told the world she's having a baby girl. Last night, while being interviewed by Giuliana Rancic on the Emmy's red carpet, she said, "I can't wait for her to come out—little button!" Rancic immediately verified, "It's a girl?" and only then did Pannettiere truly understand what she had just done. Then she talked about shopping. [People]
NO NO NO NO NO KARRUECHE TRAN AND/OR THE 106 & PARK WRITING TEAM.
On the show, Tran straight up (read a script that) dissed Blue Ivy. On a 106 & Park list of the Top 6 Things Blue Ivy Thought About the VMAs, she read, "I really did wake up like this because my parents never comb my hair." Real fresh stuff. [ONTD]
- Angela Bassett, director of the upcoming Whitney Houston biopic on Lifetime, said that "Controversy can be good. It can pique your interest." [ONTD]
- Here's Mariah Carey refusing to comment on the divorce rumors, while a sheepish photog apologizes profusely. [TMZ]
- Oh no. Suri Cruise's new Chihuahua, Honey, has just gone missing. There's a $1000 reward. [TMZ]
- Kelsey Grammar "can't imagine" life without the kids he doesn't have yet. [People]
- Kit Harington says he has an addiction to skinny-dipping. The first step is admitting it. [People]
- Rita Ora wanted to reenact the Britney/Madonna kiss with Iggy Azalea at the VMAs, but Iggy wisely declined. [Contact Music]
- One person who will not be watching the unauthorized Saved by the Bell biopic is Mr. Belding/Dennis Haskins. [TMZ]
- Young Jeezy was arrested for possession of an assault rifle during an investigation into the fatal shooting at a Wiz Khalifa concert last week. [TMZ]
- Kim Kardashian will guest star on 2 Broke Girls. Okay. [People]