- Today in a hard-hitting interview with Meghan McCain for The Daily Beast, Snooki revealed that she's against the Obama administration's tax on tanning booths, but voted for John McCain mainly because he's "really cute."
- However, Snooki considers herself an independent, not a Republican, because she doesn't know enough about either party. She explained, "I only know politics about, like, you know, tanning and being a Guidette." [Daily Beast]
- Radar released more audio of Mel Gibson screaming at Oksana Grigorieva. In today's edition, he tells her she deserved to be hit, adding, "Threaten ya? I'll put you in a fuckin rose garden you cunt! You understand that? Because I'm capable of it. You understand that?" [Radar]
- Oksana claims she told her dentist that Mel knocked out one of her teeth out and chipped another during a fight on January 6, but the dentist never reported the incident. Under California law heath practitioners must tell the police if they suspect domestic violence. [TMZ]
- A L.A. County Sheriff's Department rep says the Mel/Oksana tapes are supposed to be voluntarily turned over to police next week. [TMZ]
- On The View today, Whoopi Goldberg took a break from struggling to read the teleprompter and defended Mel, saying that while he is a "bonehead" and an "asshole," she knows he's not a racist or an anti-semite because she's "spent time with him in my house with my kids." Referring to the comments made during his 2006 DUI arrest she said, "Drunks say stupid stuff to people all the time because they're drunk," yet added, "I don't think he's drunk on this [new] rant." [Celebitchy]
- Barbara Walters appeared on The View today to announced she's "fully recovered" from the heart surgery she had two months ago, and will be back on the show in September. [AP]
- The Dream was spotted affectionately grabbing his personal assistant's ass on the beach. [Perez]
- The Dream claims that he and Christina Milian decided to end their marriage in "late 1009, but decided to keep the news private in efforts to protect their baby daughter Violet." Uh, it must have been really late in the year because they had a wedding reception in December 2009 and Violet was born two months later. [Perez]
- Christina Milian Tweeted, "Whatever you think, believe it." [People]
- Jesse James bought a $1.98 million mansion in Austin with nine bedroom, 7.5 bathrooms, and multiple pools. [TMZ]
- Jesse told TMZ he's planning to move in at the end of July so his kids can continue to see Sandra Bullock. As for his relationship with Sandra, he says, "whatever happens, happens." [TMZ]
- During a custody hearing today, Jesse testified that Sunny stayed with Sandra while he was in rehab. [Us]
- Lindsay Lohan and Samantha Ronson went out for sushi last night. [TMZ]
Addiction medicine specialistMichael Lohan says the judge in Lindsay's case got it "ass backwards" — she should have been sentenced to rehab, then jail because "she's got to be detoxed first." [Radar]
- Stuart V. Goldberg, the dude who was almost Lindsay's lawyer, says, "My impression of Lindsay is that she's a fragile lost child – a sleeping beauty with her head in the sand. I found her not fully forewarned of the consequence of her actions... I'm concerned that she's not disciplined or tethered enough to the reality of adult consequences. She doesn't seem to have the awareness of what's going to befall her." [People]
- For those who have been anxiously awaiting the first photos of Carrie Underwood's wedding band, click here: [Popsugar]
- Carrie Underwood and Mike Fisher said, "We could not feel more blessed to have found each other and to have shared this day with our friends and family that mean so much to us!" in a statement signed "Mike & Carrie Fisher." [CNN]
- When Angelina Jolie was asked if she and Brad Pitt will ever get married she said, "I think it would be hard to say no to the kids," however [unlike tabloid reporters], "They're not asking... They are very aware that nothing's missing." [People]
- Sam Mendes and Kate Winslet may be trying to patch things up. A source reports, "Sam hasn't any film commitments at the moment so they are going to stay at the house with the children this summer and see if they can reignite their spark. [He] has always been able to walk away from girlfriends before but now there are children involved he wants to see if he can work it out with Kate." [Perez]
- Hugh Hefner is attempting to buy the shares of Playboy that he doesn't already own and take the company private. However, Penthouse is expected to enter a competing bid, meaning Hef could lose control of his company. [AP]
- Despite tearing a calf muscle toward the end of a concert in New Jersey, Jon Bon Jovi limped back on stage for an encore, Living On A Prayer. [USA Today]
- An appraiser is suing Mel B for allegedly physically attacking him. He claims he was taking photos of a house for work, and she mistook him for a paparazzo. [Fox News]
- Now that we can't rag on Jessica Simpson for being single and pathetic, we're mocking her for jumping on her boyfriend Eric Johnson and "sucking face" while on a private yacht. [TMZ]
- Kitty Kelly's unauthorized Oprah Winfrey biography has been optioned for a TV movie or miniseries. Who should play Oprah? [E!]
- Melina Kanakaredes quit CSI: NY. [N.Y. Magazine]
- Sean Penn is still in Haiti helping with earthquake relief. [CBS News]
- Christopher Nolan says The Joker won't appear in any upcoming Batman movie because, "For me, Heath was the definitive Joker... t wouldn't feel appropriate to readdress that character." [AP]
- "I hit the lottery," says Leonardo DiCaprio. "I get to do what I love...The invasion into your private life, it's a small price to pay. [Quitting acting] is just not on my agenda." [E!]
"[The Dream] he doesn’t go out of his way to help Milian raise their 5-month-old daughter Violet.
"I don't [help out] because my 'helping out' turns into expectations," he said. "I'll get Violet on a late night maybe one or two times, but after that, no. If Christina's tired, call the nanny, call Violet's granny. We got people."
Wow, The Dream's really a class act.