- View host Sherri Shepherd announced today that she and TV writer Lamar Sally are engaged. Sally proposed on December 26 after asking Shepherd's 5-year-old son, Jeffrey, for permission.
- Shepherd's rep reports: "Upon arriving back to Lamar's home in Los Angeles from a trip to San Diego, Sherri was surprised to find their accommodations had been decorated with lights by one of Sal's best friends, her dog was wearing a Santa beard and hat, and, in the middle of a dish of Sherri's favorite but forbidden M&M's (she is diabetic), was a tiny little box." They've been dating for more than a year and plan to marry in August. [People]
- Some believe Countess LuAnn de Lesseps is engaged to boyfriend Jacques Azoulay because she Tweeted, "Love Cartier!" Others don't care. [E!]
- Police say Lindsay Lohan may have violated her probation and want to charge her with battery for allegedly hitting a staffer in rehab, even though the victim doesn't want to press charges. [Reuters]
- Someone sold a cell phone video of Lindsay greeting Jamie Lee Curtis in the lobby of the Four Seasons Hotel in Beverly Hills. [Radar]
- Eva Longoria is getting several tattoos of Tony Parker's name removed. There's one on her neck, one on her wrist, and another "in a place only he can see." Ouch. [Examiner]
- Mo'Nique will announce the Oscar nominations on January 25. [N.Y. Mag]
- Kellie Pickler and Kyle Jacobs got married on January 1 in a "small, intimate ceremony on a private island in the Caribbean." [People]
- A $1.4 million fine against ABC for showing Charlotte Ross' butt on NYPD Blue has been tossed out eight years after it aired. [Deadline]
- Bill Erwin, who played Sid Fields on Seinfeld, has died at age 96. [AP]
- A source claims LeAnn Rimes got breast implants: "She recently got a boob job. She's always, always been insecure about her size. She was a small A-cup. She often talked about wanting to get implants. She'd say, "I just want a little bit so they're proportionate to my body.'" [Us]
- Lea Michele poses with a horse in her latest PETA ad. [ONTD]
- Jon Gosselin tried to stop Kate Gosselin from taking their kids to Australia, but a judge okayed the trip because it was work related. [Radar]
- Kelly Osbourne says of Luke Worrall in the new issue of British Cosmo, "I think we need to spend time working on ourselves, but it doesn't erase the fact that I'm head over heels in love with him … I haven't been with anyone since Luke." Keep in mind, she probably said this weeks before her recent Twitter rant in which she declared, "All he did was use me." [People]
- Hugh Hefner's 24-year-old fiance Crystal Harris says, "I don't notice the age difference with Hef at all. If anything, I have to keep up with him! Last year for my birthday I wanted to go bowling. And last year for his birthday he wanted to go to Las Vegas and go to two different nightclubs at the Palms!" [Us]
Crystal Harris, you're making me think of this.