Today's best comments are a good read.
• Best Comment Of The Day in response to Mom Could Lose Kids Over "Hot Saucing" Punishment:
Lisa Whelchels's Guide to Parenting: a.k.a The Blair Bitch Project.
• Best Comment Of The Day in response to Online, Love Never Dies — Even If It Should:
But soft, what light through yonder laptop breaks?
It is facebook, and Juliet is updating.
Arise, fair status, and update for envious exes,
Who are already sick and yearning for info-
God's thumbs! Her new bf is far more fair than we.
• Best Comment Of The Day in response to Former First Daughter Barbara Bush's Video In Support Of Gay Marriage:
The NY Times article might as well have been headlined "Old white men cling to bigotry, women and younguns have brains, hearts"
• Best Comment Of The Day in response to Twelve Anti-Rules For Love:
To succeed in love, just act like a cat.
1. Show interest in someone, then walk away.
2. You should only like someone if there's something in it for you.
3. Sleep 20 hours a day.
4. Knead your love's belly as if you're in a trance.
• Best Comment Of The Day in response to Brisol Palin Tries To Take Her Road Show To UC Irvine:
No. Of course not you silly billy! Don't you see that the Palins and their ilk build their opinions on whatever they don't have any experience in or knowledge of. Because, without the unneeded hindrance of facts and truth, their opinions are based off of true guts and good ole' American 'common sense.' If she formed opinions based off of something she knows about then she would be treading dangerously close to liberal, or even moderate, territory. And those are just other names for 'terrorist' and 'unAmerican!' That's why I now give lectures on advanced physics! Or, as I like to call it, 'God's Divinely Ordained Plan as Laid Out in the Bible 101' (credits are non-transferable). Which is a book I have never read and probably don't actually follow, but will totally use as a battering ram against my neighbors (and as a basis for what I like to call science). Just like the Palins! Kindred spirits we are.
Reminder: Rather than emailing us your daily comment nominations, we'd like you to submit them in the tips box at the top of the page. So send us your nominations via that box — complete with the outstanding comment's URL — and tag your nomination #cotd. (Replying to a comment with "#cotd" does not work.) From here on out, we'll mine through the brilliance via the Comment of the Day tag page.
Use #trollpatrol to report comments that you feel the editors/mods should be aware of. Try not to respond to/approve/promote trollish comments in the threads — instead, just post the comment on the #trollpatrol page, the same way you'd post a comment on #groupthink or on the #cotd page, and the editors/mods will take care of it.
For meetups, use the meetup tag page!
Oh! My God! I Miss You" />