It has been, like, an entire four days since George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin got married, leaving the populace itching for some EXCLUSIVE WEDDING PICTURES. Here are some, courtesy of People and Hello! Today is a truly blessed day.
Some fun trivia gleaned from the accompanying text: there were around 100 guests from 30 countries, and a lot of them cried. George Clooney has now officially decreed marriage "pretty damn great." Clooney wore an Armani tuxedo with customized cufflinks from Amal that say "George" in Arabic, and Alamuddin wore a custom Oscar de la Renta lace gown described in painstaking detail at Vogue ("She wipes the corner of her espresso-brown eyes as she stands resplendent in her dress" is a sentence that occurs in this article). At the wedding, Amal Alamuddin's mom said in a speech that George Clooney is "simply perfect." EVERYONE WAS VERY HAPPY.
In an interview on a French-Canadian talk show, Taylor Swift talked feminism and Emma Watson's U.N. speech, which she says she wish she'd heard when she was 12 ("because I would have understood it and then earlier on in my life I would have proudly claimed that I was a feminist"). She was also asked a question about Miley Cyrus' clothing choices, which is kinda troll-y, and her response is great:
"I think that no other female artist should be able to tell me to wear less clothes and I'm not going to tell any other female artist to wear more clothes. As long as it's their idea, and they're expressing their sexuality or they're expressing their strength or it makes them feel like a woman to perform a certain way or dress a certain way… as long as it's coming from them and they're living their life on their own terms, I cheer them on."
Feminist T-Swift 4ever. [Buzzfeed]
According to a TMZ report entitled "Amanda Bynes Driving Under the Influence of ADDERALL: Desperate Situation," Amanda Bynes' doctor prescribed her Adderall, which she had taken before her DUI. So: legal. TMZ then goes on to note that a drunk driving is "operating a vehicle while impaired," which has nothing to do with her Adderall prescription. What even is this story. [TMZ]
- "How Stevie Nicks Became a Selfie Queen." She was a queen, and then she took a selfie. Very simple process. (Click through for a photo of Stevie Nicks holding a very small dog and a photo of Stevie Nicks making a serious face while holding a feather!!) [Billboard]
- Rumer Willis got a tattoo that says "Sauce" on her hand. There is a reason for her doing so, but I don't think one needs a particular reason to get a tattoo of the word "sauce." Sauce is an important part of sandwiches. [E!]
- The full plot of Magic Mike XXL has been announced, as has the cast. The full cast includes Elizabeth Banks, Michael Strahan and Donald Glover. The plot is: dancing. [HuffPo]
- Rihanna and Christina Aguilera ate at the same restaurant. In case you were wondering. [Just Jared]
- NICKI MINAJ HAS VERY SHORT HAIR NOW. [MTV]
- Leonardo DiCaprio and Toni Garrn broke up. Now is your chance to woo him if you are model in your early 20s looking for love. [OK]
- Harry Styles wore a chic and flirty banana suit on stage. [Pop Crush]
- John Mayer was made to wait for a table at the Bowery Hotel, just like he was made to wait by the gates of hell before entering the mortal realm (so that Satan could make some little tweaks). [NY Daily News]
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner's dystopian young adult novel has sold only 13,000 copies. If this doesn't prompt a thinkpiece about the death of the novel, I don't know what will. [The Hollywood Gossip]
- TMZ expresses concern about Katy Perry's obsession with pizza because she ordered pizza during a Diplo concert instead of paying attention. That is simply what any sane person would do. [TMZ]