- Victoria Beckham is depicted buck-nekkid on a Marc Jacobs T-shirt that supposedly celebrates the prevention of melanoma. But like, Posh is not wearing any clothes and neither Marc nor Posh are exactly a poster children for the tanning bed avoidance movement, so, again, mixed messages! [WWD, 1st item]
- Marc Jacobs to world: "Some people think I've lost my mind. But I feel good. I feel very strong....In the past, I've been very quiet. Now I'm just being very honest. I don't know if people are ready for that. I've learned over the years to first please myself because you can't please everyone." [WWD, sub req'd]
- Karl Lagerfeld on his favorite memory of Valentino: "Let's just say it involved more than a red dress." Yikes! [Fashion Week Daily]
- Naomi Campbell's former assistant committed suicide over the weekend. We won't make a joke, even an obvious one. [Sunday Mirror]
- Diane von Furstenberg on Marjane Satrapi's Persepolis: "Graphic novel? Is that the way you call them? I didn't know that! I've read a few; I read Maus, and then I read this one. I was going to say comic book. I'm glad you taught me that! I thought it was provocative and free, everything I love about women!" [Fashion Week Daily]
- Natalia Vodianova has announced that the Valentino couture show last week marked the beginning not only of Valentino's retirement, but hers as well. BTW, Vodianova is 25. [Page Six]
- No runway show for Heatherette this season?! Sobs! [Gatecrasher]
- DKNY is partnering with the NYC Dept. of Transportation to set up bike borrowing stations throughout NYC during fashion week. The people who ride them in lieu of taxis will get a fuckload of fawning press in exchange for reducing approx .000007% of the Fashion Week carbon footprint. [WWD, 5th item]
- Liz Claiborne Chief Marketing Officer Gail Onorato is moving to Ralph Lauren to be president of womenswear its their Chaps line. As if you could tell the difference between Chaps and Claiborne before. [WWD, sub req'd]
- Giorgio Armani, man of the people: "Today, people want a designer who is thought to be a person of taste and genius and give them pointers on everything - from what to wear, to choosing something for the home, to their choice of holiday destination." [Vogue UK]
- English bad boy designer Christopher Kane on his upcoming Fall 2008 collection: "Think Big Bird - but without the feathers." We presume this means yellow? Daring. [Vogue UK]
- We really do love Agent Provocateur ads. [Chic Report]
- Sorry, but Mischa Barton just looks desperate in the Spring 2008 Iceberg ad campaign. [Sassybella]
- Krazy Karl has an eyewear line! [Sassybella]
that's so awfully sad about naomi's former PA.
Jade, who dreamed of being a model, told Naomi in a blog just after their row: "I was happy prior to working for you, now I'm left broken, jobless. Why Naomi?"
also, the article says her "soulmate" had just died from pneumonia. RIP to both of them.