When asked whether or not he identifies as a feminist, Pharrell said he'd like to be one—he supports women and all that—but he's just not sure if it's "possible." Good news, Pharrell! Setting aside academic dialogues about whether male-identified humans should identify as feminists or feminist allies (because I don't think that's what you were talking about), generally speaking, it IS possible! Question answered! Men can be feminists! Now JOIN OUR LEGION. HERE IS YOUR DIVA CUP.
"I've been asked, am I a feminist?" the singer and producer said during an interview with Channel 4 News in the United Kingdom. "I don't think it's possible for me to be that."
When asked why, he responded plainly. "I'm a man. It makes sense up until a certain point. But what I do is, I do support feminists. There's injustices; there are inequalities that need to be addressed."
...Take, for example, when he spoke in support of Hillary Clinton:
"I would love to see a woman run the country," he said. "Historically, this world has been run by man. And what would a world be like if 75 percent our world leaders, our presidents and prime ministers, were female? What would that world be like? We don't know, because we haven't given it a shot. We're too busy telling them what they can and can't do with their bodies. Or, we're too busy, you know, not allowing them to make the same amount of money that a man makes."
See, Pharrell? You're already doing it!!! Welcome to the red tent. Also, you might want to read a few "Blurred Lines" thinkpieces before the next meeting. LYLAS. [MTV]
Kim and Kanye's wedding kiss is the most liked photo on Instagram ever. SUCK IT, JUSTIN & SELENA.
GERD JERB DOODZ [EW]
Brad and Angelina did the cutest cool-parent shit for Shiloh's birthday.
"We did lots of things," Jolie said last night at the Maleficent premiere in Hollywood. "She's very into skating. She's a skateboarder. We did graffiti lessons and skateboarding."
I cry. [E!]
- Snooki's shopping for a wedding dress. [Us]
- Katharine McPhee and Kellie Pickler went on vacation. [E!]
- ROBIN THICKE IS FUCKING DISGUSTING. He's now turned his campaign to "get" Paula Patton back into a hashtag. [Twitter]
- I don't know who this person is but I like her dress. [E!]
- Rumer Willis is pals with this bebe. [JustJared]
- This almost never happens to me anymore, but I looked at this picture of Charlize Theron and my lizard brain was like "HNNNNGGGG PERFECT WOMAN ME WANT TO BE IT." [Us]
- This clip from LeAnn and Eddie is mortifying. [Fishwrapper]
- YAAASSSSS BEYONCE & BLUE IVY MOMENTS. [MTV]
- lolollloooloolollol O-Town had a reunion WITHOUT Ashley Parker Angel!!!!! [MTV]
- Hilary Duff cut her hair off. [People]
- Some people are mad because Jamie Lynn Spears plays "adult music" around her daughter and "IT COULD HAVE LASTING EFFECTS." [Radar]
- Lupita Nyong'o optioned the rights to Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie's novel Americanah. [BellaNaija]
- Finally!!! GET INSIDE STACY KEIBLER'S CRAVINGS. [E!]
- Tom Cruise says dating is a "low priority." [Extra]
Images via Getty.