- Owen Wilson is in the hospital due to a possible suicide attempt. The 38-year old actor took pills and cut at least one of his wrists, reports TMZ & Perez Hilton. Too sad. [TMZ, Perez Hilton]
- Oprah needs extra rooms for her Obama party in Santa Barbara and is trying to reserve some at a ranch next door — the bride getting married there that same weekend is not happy. [Page Six]
- Madonna's new song: Sounds like vintage Britney, and no one's impressed. [Page Six]
- Warner Bros. is afraid that Tim Burton's movie, Sweeney Todd — starring Johnny Depp — is too gory? Uh, it's about a barber who slits clients' throats with a razor. [Page Six]
- Susan Sarandon's daughter turned down her mom's part in a remake of The Rocky Horror Picture Show. Damnit Janet! [Gatecrasher]
- Grey's Anatomy star Kate Walsh's whirlwind wedding is in full force — she'll get hitched on the beach in Malibu. [Gatecrasher, 3rd item]
- Scarlett Johansson may be getting terrible reviews in The Nanny Diaries, but Alicia Keys is apparently "drawing good buzz" and may be up for a part in the Sex And The City movie. We're sure this item wasn't planted by her PR people at all. [Rush & Molloy, 4th from bottom]
- Hulk Hogan's son Nick, 17, was in a serious car accident in Florida — his Toyota Supra was totaled. [TMZ]
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie had a typical New York weekend: hot dogs, carousel rides and, uh, a helicopter to a star-studded event in the Hamptons. [People]
- Prince Charles' wife Camilla will not attend a memorial service for Princess Diana, because it would be "inappropriate." Couldn't agree more! [People]
- In addition to being pulled over for a speeding ticket, Britney Spears has been visited by officials from the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals to investigate why her dog is wearing a cast. [The Sun, TMZ]
- Amy Winehouse and her husband flew somewhere for a "sunshine break" but the location is unknown. [The Sun]
- Speaking of Blake, his stepfather is afraid the couple is going to end up like Sid and Nancy. So are we! [Daily Mail]
I'm saddened by Owen's trubs because I like him for not being a complete toolbag, even though I never personally thought he was the hottest of the Wilson boys.
Oprah is apparently being her usual God-like self but I love this bride (an atty) who is supposedly not budging - Stick It To The O! (altho LFW1031 has the right idea)
new Madonna song = old Britney song....meh.
Johnny Depp/Tim Burton movie = gory....meh
Hulk Hogan's kid wrecked his car.....again. I'm pretty sure this is about the THIRD time this idiot has wrecked a car for driving too fast. I'm also pretty sure the Hogans are the dumbest family on TV.
Amy Winehouse is on vacay....because all heroin junkies need is a good healthy tan to stop all that pesky bad press!