- Yay, heart-warming story! The International Breast Milk Project ships breast milk, or liquid gold, to Africa, where nine-thousand bottles is enough to feed six babies for a year. Being that lil' Suri Cruise was weaned on a Hubbard-approved cocktail of barley water and corn syrup, we sure hope Katie didn't let her milk dry up and go to waste. [ABC News]
- Capitol Hill finally takes notice that postpartum depression is more than just a few tears; Congress has authorized $3 million in federal funds for research. Brooke Shields, Britney Spears, and Andrea Yates all respond, "No shit!" and "That's it?!" [ABC News]
- A woman dug up and stole her dead boyfriend's ashes after his family banned her from the funeral. Aww, that's kind of sweet! [CNN]
- Kim Cunningham admits to killing her brother-in-law when she found out he had repeatedly raped her 9-year old daughter. She was acquitted of murder by two juries and though some say the ruling is condoning vigilante justice, we say, "You know what? Fuck that, good for her. Where's the parade?" [ABC News]
- A burqa-wearing bandit robbed a bank in North Carolina, leaving the police scratching their heads as to whether the perp was a man or a woman. Umm, we see some pretty groomed brows in the photo so our vote is a woman... or gay drag queen. [ABC News]
- Breast cancer patients find that friends, family, and even strangers offer loads of unsolicited advice and wisdom in an effort to be supportive, most of which is totally crappy. "Pshaw, chemo is no big deal!" is not the best way to tell someone you're there for them, okay? [MSNBC]
- Shocker. State by state, the US sucks at caring for women's health, with Vermont being the best and Mississippi being the worst. As for who else failed miserably? Washington D.C., home of our nation's capital. Betcha the First Lady gets the best Pap smear in district! [MSNBC]
- Heavy sigh. A top political strategist estimates that Republican women will, in the end, vote for Hilary Clinton because they want a female president. We're not sure if that's true, we'd take Clinton over any Republican any day of the week, but why is that people don't understand voting for any woman is not a feminist statement? [AP]
Wow, that barley water sh!t is amazing. I thought it was complete BS until I googled "Scientology" and "barley water." If Suri was being fed only that concoction instead of conventional formula or breast milk, I would be surprised- she's always looked healthy. However (LISTEN UP SCIENTOLOGIST PARENTS), feeding an infant ONLY that concoction as recommended by Hubbard would result in all kinds of badness: inadequate weight gain, failure to thrive, SCURVY, anemias, a HOST of BADNESS. And yeah- they could starve to death. DON'T DO IT! If you're weaning them, and they're still getting some breast milk and cereal, giving the barely water formula once in awhile probably couldn't hurt- depending on how much corn syrup is in it anyway. Corn syrup is sweeter than sugar and can cause tooth decay.
I find it interesting, BTW, that this Suri-barley water story hasn't got more legs. Considering the press was all over Britney's mistakes. Is it because Suri looks healthy, is it because the Cruises are more private about their weirdness? I wonder.