Both Sherri Shepherd and Jenny McCarthy have been "let go" from The View, leaving only Whoopi Goldberg. Executive producer Bill Geddie has reportedly been fired as well.
"The View will be moving in an exciting new direction next season and ABC has made decisions to evolve the show creatively," said a spokeswoman for the show. That new direction, maybe, will just be Whoopi Goldberg doing a vlog by herself.
(Ok, fine, TMZ reports that Rosie O'Donnell may be returning, and producers are "very interested" in Laila Ali. I still stand by the Whoopi-vlog.)
"It's been seven wonderful years on The View, and after careful consideration it is time for me to move on," said Shepherd in a statement. "I am extremely grateful to Barbara Walters and Bill Geddie for giving me the opportunity. I look forward to the business opportunities that lay ahead for me and I am incredibly grateful to my View family and my fans for supporting me on this journey."
Jenny McCarthy tweeted, "If Sherri goes... I go too. #sisters." And: "My view will be changing too. ... Thanks to everyone at the show for your dedication and an amazing year." Ok, sure, Jenny. Whatever helps you sleep at night. [NY Daily News, TMZ]
Courteney Cox got engaged to Johnny McDaid, who is in Snow Patrol (a band that was on the soundtrack of The O.C., which is the highest of musical honors.) They announced the news on Twitter. Look forward to several tabloid cover stories next week about how Jennifer Aniston literally wants to murder her. [Gossip Cop]
Queen of All Rihanna is spending her days livetweeting the World Cup ("Gooooooaaaalllll" — noted sports commenter Rihanna) and smoking blunts. She appears to be rooting for every team but America. [E!]
- In the most important news you will hear all week, Brody Jenner has an advice podcast. A PODCAST. FOR ADVICE. He probably says, "Have you considered taking several shots and just, like, not focusing on the drama?" a lot. [Cosmo]
- NEVER MIND, THERE'S MORE IMPORTANT NEWS: Volchok from The O.C. says his cast members were "fucking miserable." Classic Volchok. [Gossip Cop]
- Pippa Middleton says her relationship with Kate Middleton is "very normal." They do very normal sibling things together — such as watching sport games in large hats, carrying around an obscenely famous baby and smile dotingly at it, and weathering rumors that one wore a fake butt to the other's multi-million dollar wedding. [NY Daily News]
- Olivia Palermo got married. [Gossip Cop]
- Vanessa Hudgens shared a picture of her puppy, who looks a bit like an animate wig with googly eyes. In a good way!!!! [Just Jared]
- Here is a photo of Keira Knightley reacting to the news that Adam Levine told a magazine that he's not a douche (probably). [Just Jared]
- Professional Selfie Artists (and lauded dystopian young adult fiction authors) Kendall and Kylie Jenner shared their esoteric secrets with Elle. (Know your angles, say Kendall and Kylie). [Just Jared]
- For her 30th birthday, Khloe Kardashian just wants her boyfriend French Montana "to remain sweet and innocent." Which I guess is what happens when you already own every single worldly possession imaginable. [Bossip]