- Barack Obama and John McCain met this afternoon in which they talked about combating government waste and bitter partisanship and took some pretty, pretty pictures for us peons. [Washington Post]
- Vetting Bill Clinton's sketchy dealings in Central Asia and the donor list for his library might well cost Hillary Clinton her SecState job and prove that Obama was right to have been demanding those get released during the primaries. [Politico]
- But Obama is firmly against torture and keeping Guantanamo Bay open, so that's good at least. [Washington Independent]
- Senator Diane Feinstein (D-California) introduced legislation today to make it illegal to sell the free Inauguration tickets (punishable by a $100,000 fine and up to a year in prison) or to forge them. Yipes. Get them legal or watch it on TV, ladies. [CNN]
- Connecticut Senator Joe "Benedict Arnold" Lieberman is now expected to keep his chairmanship but lose his subcommittee chairmanship as his "punishment" for betraying the Democratic party. I guess we know about how hard Harry Reid intends to push back on, like, anything now that he's solidified power. [Huffington Post]
- With that news, former Senator John "The Inseminator" Edwards has decided to stage his own comeback. [Daily Beast]
- Alabama Senator Richard Shelby — who's been the GOP's point person on negging the auto bailout — scolded South Carolina GOP Senator Jim DeMint — who's been gunning for more power in the party — for saying the Republican losses this year were the fault of John McCain's betrayal of the (social) conservative brand of the GOP. Abortion and gay marriage, that's all the GOP should be against, totally. [CNN]
- By the way, New Gingrich says that we are all a part of a "a gay and secular fascism in this country that wants to impose its will on the rest of us, is prepared to use violence, to use harassment. I think it is prepared to use the government if it can get control of it." Yeah, fuck us for being all like "separation of church and state" and trying to take advantage of "equal protection under the law" and exercising our First Amendment rights to assemble and petition the government and shit. What fascists we all are. [Media Matters]
Also, see this:
Politico is spreading gossip and if you read the article it's from anonymous sources none of which purport to be from Obama's actual transition team. Our president-elect I'm sure thought about the pros and cons of Hillary in the Cabinet and who her husband is and what he does. Obama is not stupid. Far from it. He's brilliant. Let's not act like he doesn't know what he's doing and like his team isn't on top of everything.
Also, FYI, Bill's foundation is a non-profit that amongst other things promotes micro-financing and massive amounts of money towards fighting AIDS in Africa. How horrid, lurid and shady! Or not.