- Sarah Silverman is going to be in ads for The Gap. What are the odds this genius plan was hatched in a corporate marketing meeting during which someone employed the term "edgy"? [WWD, sub req'd]
- Menswear designer Thom Browne: Now bringing his shrunken jacket, cropped pant stylings to (lord help us) a womenswear line. Ugh. [WWD, sub req'd]
- How cute! Readers of Seventeen and CosmoGIRL! can "connect" with the mags' advertisers through a special website! If only we could have developed a deep, personal, virtual relationship with J.C. Penney when we were in middle school! Jealous! [WWD, 3rd item]
- Hubert Givenchy? A little bitter! The retired designer says that "Fashion is over!" because the whole business now revolves around making giant, ugly handbags. Also bitter? One of our favorite fashion bitches, resigned Bill Blass designer Michael Vollbracht, who says, "When making big handbags is the only thing that will save your business, then designing clothes is finished!" [LizSmith]
- Diane von Furstenberg: Likes to hike! [Vogue UK]
@BottledCynicism: She's a terrible comedian. She doesn't understand that just because something is offensive doesn't automatically make it funny. I get the impression men told her that she was funny because they want to have sex with her and she believed them.
I once read somewhere that the funniest thing to come out of Sarah Silverman's mouth is Jimmy Kimmel's cock.