- There is no justice in the world: President Bush has commuted Scooter Libby's jail sentence. [MSNBC]
- Pam Anderson is 40. And we are speechless. [People]
- Looking for a little real estate to invest in? How about Dracula's castle in Transylvania? It's the summer home that comes with vampires! (Garlic bulbs not included). [ABC News]
- A border collie named Smooch saved two drowning kayakers. And up in heaven, Lassie smiles. [USA Today]
- We actually screamed, "Holy shit!" out loud when we (thought) we saw a headline reading, "Bill Hits Hillary On Campaign Trail". Though that misreading would still have been less shocking than if we'd read it as "Bill Hits On Hillary On Campaign Trail." [BBC]
- It's official: Salman "No Longer Hiding Despite The Fatwa" Rushdie and Padma "Please Pack Up You Knives, Top Chef Contestants" Lakshmi have split. [CNN]
- Eva Peron (and Patti Lupone?) would be proud: Argentina's First Lady is running for president in her own right. And somewhere in Iowa, Hillary Clinton feels threatened. [NYT]
- Want to sleep less soundly tonight? Read on: That foiled London car bomb was designed to ensure female casualties. [Slate]
- Speaking of casualties, there have been 12 in the U.S. military since Friday. [DoD]
Scooter Libby [or whoever he was covering up for, wink wink] committed a treasonous act that contributed to the death of thousands of people. He got off with no jail time, but is still guilty of a felony, still has to deal with 2 years probation, and pay a $250K fine.
He'll get a cushy presidential appointment on Bushes last week in office. He'll bargain that to get a position as a lobbyist and make millions. All for taking the fall for his boss.
Its good to know the king.