- You knew this already, but Project Runway judge/style tome author/ELLE fashion director Nina Garcia has parted ways with the magazine that made her. At least, ELLE has yet to tell anyone the rumors are false.
- Our sources say Garcia came in Friday morning around the hour fashion people usually get to work Friday morning, and was gone with all her earthly possessions by lunch time. Her assistants apparently cried all day, packing the rest of her things.
- New rumors are starting to surface that she's "in talks" with ELLE regarding some sort of position there.
- We suspect the fact that ELLE fashion news director Anne Slowey and creative director Joe Zee are getting their own Tyra-produced show this fall doesn't exactly make for a great environment. (Coupled with the fact that the magazine's fashion coverage has gotten a million times more interesting since Zee came on board.) But these are just our speculations. Know anything? Drop us a line! [WWD, MediaBistro, NYMag]
- And in other very important world news, Project Runway guest judge/style tome author/ELLE covergirl Victoria Beckham's denim line DVB has been dropped by Kitson and Fred Segal. Um, anyone else seeing a trend here? [News of the World]
- A reader wrote in to Guardian fashion writer Hadley Freeman asking when it is okay to wear shorts. Freeman's response? "When it's flipping well warm enough to do so, like, duh." [Guardian]
- Despite the rumors, Kate Moss is not on the outs with lingerie line Agent Provocateur and just shot a wedding-themed ad campaign for them. [This is London]
- Phat Fashions is suing Victoria's Secret for copyright infringement. Apparently, no one can use a frilly letter 'P' but the Phat designers. And while I can't believe I'm saying this, I think it's gonna be Kimora FTW. [WWD, sub req'd]
- Whoa, Vidal Sassoon was a resistance fighter during WWII?! [Telegraph]
- Elton John: Wears Tom Ford's fragrances! (Also likes that Tom Ford's ads frequently contain naked men? Again, JUST speculation.) [Page Six]
- The John Varvatos store in the old CBGB's space? Could suck more. [Washington Post]
- Yay for Cambodia, the latest country to allow its young female citizens to be exploited by the western world by making them into runway models. (And Cambodia is usually such a leader on the youth exploitation front.) In all seriousness, [ITN]
- Nicholas Huxley, the director of the Sydney Institute's Fashion Design Studio, says Australian women dress "cheap and nasty." [News.com.au]
- Want to have guaranteed success as a jewelry designer? Than go into a career in anything but jewelry design [WWD]
- OMG will or won't Prada go public in June? The suspense is killing me. [WWD, sub req'd]
- Carolina Herrera junior is pregnant again. Just what the world needs: Another kid with a trust fund. [WWD, 2nd item]
Filed to:Rag Trade
Rag TradeAnne SloweyChloe SevignyDvbelizabeth hurleyElleEstee LauderFred SegalJoe ZeeKate MossKimora Lee SimmonsNina GarciaPradaProject RunwayRobbie MyersTom FordTyra BanksuniqloVictoria Beckhamagent provocateurcambodian modelscarolinana herreracbgbElton Johnhadley freemanjohn varvatosKitsonnicholas huxleyphat fashions'secret
More from Jezebel
@Archetype: Yeah. I wonder if the part about the assistants crying is true? She seems like a cool lady to me. A friend of mine saw her at a concert a few months ago and said she was really nice and seemed pleasantly surprised she got recognized.