- The rumors are true! Nicole Kidman, 40, is expecting. She and highlighted hubby Keith Urban are "thrilled." Nic has two adopted children: Isabella, 15; and Connor, 12. Although Nicole and Keith are both from Australia, they have a farm outside of Nashville, Tennesse — maybe the kid will end up being a Southern belle or gent? [People]
- When asked what he thought about Nicole's news, George Clooney replied, "She'll be a perfect mother. She'll be great. She'll be a tall mother." [People]
- Obligatory Britney update: The singer went out to the drug (heh) store last night and ended up with a flat tire. The paparazzi followed her as she drove for miles on the flat — without her lights on — and backed up L.A. traffic. Finally, cops pulled over the pop star and told her to abandon the vehicle; Brit got a ride home from photogs. You know, just the usual Monday. [People]
- Then the car got impounded. [People]
- Oh, while she was in the hospital? Britney spoke with a British accent. Blimey. [ETOnline]
- And Britney will not be on Dr. Phil. Cancel your TiVo setting. [TMZ]
- In fact, mental health professionals all over are accusing Dr. Phil of trying to exploit poor BritBrit. [MSNBC]
- And, sigh, is Britney's new dude, paparazzo Adnan Ghalib, staging photo ops? Apparently all the juicy stuff of him and Britney together is available only (surprise!) from the agency he works for. [Mirror]
- Sources say Ghalib is planing to sell some racy pictures of Britney. [MSNBC]
- There's already this video of her — not wearing very much — hanging out with him in a bungalow in Santa Barbara. Watch her let him suck her lollipop. [ONTD]
- Oh wait, this is why she's been speaking in a British accent: Adnan has one! It all makes sense now. Sort of. [ONTD]
- Meanwhile, Jaime Lynn Spears was spotted with a GED book. Will she earn a degree before she drops a rugrat? [TMZ]
- The Golden Globes are canceled! There will be no traditional awards ceremony but a press conference announcement of the winners instead. Dammit, the red carpet pictures are always fun. Pout. [People]
- Anna Nicole Smith's baby-daddy Larry Birkhead's former attorney still claims he owes her over $1 million in legal fees. Did you stop caring about him ages ago? [Page Six]
- Kate Moss spent New Year's Eve in Phuket, Thailand with her boyfriend, Jaime Hince, and her daughter, Lila Grace. "Kate was dancing around with Lila, and they were sipping champagne until well past midnight," says a source. Mommy, what's a hangover? [Page Six]
- Candace Bushnell's former manager is shopping a Sex And The City tell-all book, full of anecdotes about the show's early days and details about a real-life affair between two on-screen lovers. Who could it be? Smith and Samantha? [Gatecrasher]
- Reese Witherspoon sends her kids to the set of her new flick well before she arrives, so that they are safe from the paparazzi, says a source. "She's a great mom with them on the set." Yawn. [Gatecrasher]
- Blind item! "Which breakout young male star uses - gasp - fake eyelashes to get his trademark gaze? Dammit, Hollywood, stop toying with us!" [Gatecrasher]
- High times! Robin Thicke smoked pot in front of his dad, Alan, at Jay-Z's 40/40 club in Vegas. [Rush & Molloy]
- Eight-year-old Brooklyn Beckham got an iPhone for Christmas. Effing hell. [The Sun]
- Hasnat Khan, the heart surgeon Princess Diana dated for two years (and whom she called "Mr. Wonderful" is going to testify in the inquest into her death, breaking his long silence. [Telegraph]
- Amy Winehouse returned from her vacation in the Caribbean — where she met up with an old flame — to a furious husband. Alas, he remains jailed. And actually, he's in solitary confinement for drinking homemade hooch and using a mobile phone. So. [Daily Mail]
@NefariousNewt: Similar situation here. My dad died when I was little, but my "step"dad has been in my life since I was 6. I've called him dad, I call my "half" siblings brothers and sister. It's technically a complicated family, but we're just a family. I've always kind of hated when people are like
"Okay, so who is your real brother?"
"All three of them."
"Well, like, FULL blood."
"So you and Scott aren't REALLY Frank's children."
"Yes, we are. Just not blood."