Like a beautiful, insane phoenix that rises from the ashes of a crazy fire, Glee's Naya Rivera has returned to the set of The View to explain what she meant when she said that white people shower more than people of color.
Rivera's initial comments—"I think that white people shower a lot more than ethnic [people]. I feel like showering more than once a day or every day is such a white people thing"—were met by annoyance, mostly from "ethnic" people who, unsurprisingly, didn't like Rivera dictating how often they bathed or her implication that white people are cleaner than they are.
Responding to criticism, Rivera first tweeted, "When you get out of the shower today, get a sense of humor. Love ya!" She then returned to The View with a softer approach, saying, "Yesterday, we were talking about a study that says you're supposed to shower once or twice every three days. I had an opinion on it that was supposed to be a joke. Apparently it didn't go over so well."
"Back off of Naya. She's very clean," View co-host Nicole Wallace added.
So there you have it. It was a joke. Naya Rivera showers constantly.
Gwynenth Paltrow—patron saint of the outdoor pizza oven and Our Lady of Guada-Goop-we—talked about her past high profile relationships during a candid interview with Howard Stern yesterday, telling Stern that Brad Pitt (the Chris to her Cathy Dollanganger) "was too good" for her and that Ben Affleck, at the time of their relationship, "was not in a good place in his life to have a girlfriend." Responding to more recent events, Gwyneth says that she regrets using the term "conscious uncoupling" to describe her split with husband Chris Martin. [Radar]
Kristen Stewart, who's constantly criticized or lauded for looking like she doesn't give a fuck about what you think of her, is surprised by her public perception. As the Still Alice actress told Salon, "I'm like, actually, no one gives a fuck like me. No one gives more of a fuck than me. It's just ironic to me. I'm always like, really?"
Kristen Stewart: Gives a fuck. [Dlisted]
- Lisa Rinna thinks Kylie Jenner has definitely had lip injections. She's the expert, after all. [Radar]
- A tweet from One Direction's Louis Tomlinson to bandmate Harry Styles has surpassed a Barack Obama tweet to become the second most retweeted tweet of all time. While some people are using this as an example of our failings as a society, I think it just means that a lot of teens—and not just American ones—use twitter, so chill #grandpa. [Billboard]
- Speaking of grandfathers, Snoop Dogg just became one and we are all very old. [US Weekly]
- Lorde and Taylor Swift walked around outside. [ONTD]
- Feeling miffed that you haven't received a Save-the-Date for Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield's summer destination wedding? It's because the ceremony has been called OFF (i.e. was never going to happen). [Gossip Cop]
- Wendy Williams, the worst instructor at Soul Cycle, has gone after the Beyhive. [ONTD]
- "No thanks," says Chris Brown to the porn star tweeting pictures of his alleged dick. [TMZ]
- Carrying on what might be best one-sided Twitter feud of all time, Aziz Ansari is still going hard against dried apricot/media mogul Rupert Murdoch. [NYDN]
- Roman Polanski's rape victim Samantha Geimer says that she has "absolutely forgiven" the director. [Radar]
- Lena Dunham doesn't care what white conservative dudes think of her. [Gossip Cop]
- Fuck this article that says that pregnant Jessica Biel "satisfies pregnancy cravings with salad." [US Weekly]
- This, however, is just a great headline.
Photos via Getty.