Congratulations, frat boys who said racist shit on video, you have a defender! Rush Limbaugh, a poorly-ranked YouTube comment come to life, has taken up your cause and he believes that you probably learned your racial slurs from racial minorities themselves. So really, it's their fault.
On his Wednesday show, Limbaugh said that if Kanye West (whom he refers to as Kim Kardashian's husband just so his audience doesn't get scared by an ethnic-sounding name, I'm sure) had sung this song at the Grammys that it would be a huge hit and everyone would be totally into it, raising up out of their seats to also sing the catchy lyrics "You can hang him from a tree, but he can never sign with me. There will never be a ni***r SAE" because you know, a black guy did it.
I guess Limbaugh doesn't understand context or taking words back or fighting back against oppression, but he's got the right to an opinion and a platform to spout it. Hey, you know who else has an opinion and a platform to spout it? ME! Here's my message: Get fucked, Rush! [TMZ]
James Van Der Beek got a dog this week! Unfortunately, the woman who he was in competition with for the rescue is now angry that he was able to bid higher than her when it came time to decide who was getting the pooch (I can't believe I just wrote the word pooch.) According to her, both she and Van Der Beek got to the shelter at the same time and were told to submit bids for their future sweetheart. The woman bid $300, Van Der Beek bid a lot more because he's got all that "look at me while I'm crying" money and he got the dog. But no one walked away empty-handed! The woman who's complaining (complain about the shelter policies, not Van Der Beek) got a picture with the actor before she went. Winners all around. [TMZ]
- Wacka Flocka Flame took Morning Joe hosts to task for suggesting that rap music caused the poor boys at OU to sing songs about not liking blacks. A hashtag #rapalbumsthatcausedslavery, is also currently making mincemeat of the idea that this is the fault of anyone but the men who were on the bus. Next we're going to blame mental illness (which is also a convenient go-to when a white person does something that's racially motivated but also needs an explanation for it). [ONTD]
- Melissa Leo is coming to your TV! (We like her, right?) [Variety]
- Richard Glatzer, the director of Still Alice, has died at 63.
- OK! reports that Joe Giudice cheated on Teresa Giudice before she went to jail. There are no details and zero evidence that Juicy Joe had sex with a model but...I believe it. [OK!]
- JUST IN: Juicy Joe says he did not cheat and I...believe it! [Us Weekly]
- Iggy Australia has postponed her megatour in order to work on her freestyles. [Just Jared]
- Taylor Swift maybe has leg insurance. Sources (the gallery I saw on Imgur this morning) claims her gams are ensured for 40 million. [Lainey Gossip]
- Lindsay Lohan went to a Kanye concert, "tweeted the n-word" and then caught and deleted it. Perhaps this is what Rush Limbaugh is referencing? I don't think any of Lindsay's problems could be blamed on rap music. That's all her parents' doing. [In Touch]
Goodbye Wednesday, the absolute worst day of the week. Here's something to make you feel just a little better.
Image via Getty
Contact the author at firstname.lastname@example.org.