- Women who dress conservatively may win the affections of men like Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee and Iranian clerics, but they're also at more risk of a Vitamin D deficiency because their skin rarely sees the sun. [Salon]
- Potatoes: Not too great for the waistline but fantastic for the immune system! [Telegraph]
- Okay, so women are going to buy the $600 iPhone in droves but they also are the least confident segment of the population when it comes to the economy? Get your stories straight, people. [MediaPost]
- Use of SSRIs like Prozac may increase risk of osteoporosis in the elderly. [Telegraph]
- Only 1 in 20 rapes reported in the UK leads to an actual conviction. [TheSun]
- Feministing points out that, amid the media brouhaha over Paris Hilton's incarceration, what got lost is the disturbing aside that women of color are the fasting growing population (male or female) in U.S. prisons. [Feministing]
I wouldn't exactly trust that potato article...
1. They spelled 'leukocyte' wrong (leucocyte?!)... and no, it's not the "english" spelling.
2. They state that leukocytes are chemicals... when in fact they are immune CELLS.
3. I wouldn't really trust research from 'the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Spain' ...it's not a particularly reputable institution for scientific research.