Miley Cyrus has recently taken to wearing a giant fake butt on stage because of course she has. And, at a recent concert in Mexico, she twerked around gleefully while two backup dancers whipped her on fake butt with a Mexican flag. Government officials are less than pleased with this.
Here's a video of the incident; the prosthetic butt whipping (I am very sad that I had to type that phrase) begins at 2:20:
Mexico has a law in place protecting "national emblems, the flag and the national anthem"; disrespecting the national flag can result in fines and up to 36 hours in jail. Some politicians are saying that Miley's butt-antics constitute such disrespect — at least one has come out accusing her of "desecration" — meaning that the singer and her team may be fined up to $1,200 or detained. Oooooops!
Obviously, I do not think Miley should be jailed over her awful fake butt, but I do think she definitely needs a time out or something. Maybe someone should sit her down and have her read a few think pieces. [Gossip Cop, HuffPo]
This story has literally everything: Ellen Page clad in underwear and a cape talking about castration ("I remember researching castration and thinking, 'This is so interesting.'"). This is the Story Of The Year. Look how good she looks in that cape. (It's one of the five W magazine October cover stories, and all of them are equally majestic, just lacking in the cape department.) [E!]
I am never going to cease my mourning over this: Canada's Royal Couple, Avril Lavigne and Chad Kroeger, might be getting divorced after just one beautiful year of marriage. Whyyyyy, Chavril. Whyyyyyyyyy. [Us]
- Here is a photo of Liam from One Direction enjoying a beer in a hot tub despite his wounded arm. Enjoy that beer and hot tub, Liam. Live while you're young. [ONTD]
- Behold, Lauren Conrad's "Glamorous. Classic. Simple." wedding dress. I know what you're all thinking: thank goddess this is finally online. [ONTD]
- Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka reenacted the Lady and the Tramp spaghetti scene :') [E!]
- Beyoncé responded to the Instagram Photoshop rumors by posting another Instagram, as is Beyoncé's way. [E!]
- Brad and Angelina's wedding pictures didn't bring People that much of a sales boost. The people were unmoved by Angelina's insane dress. The people foolishly did not care to see Shiloh in formal shorts and a top hat. [NYDN]
- Iggy Azalea is suing her piece of shit ex-boyfriend for forging a contract and for illegally releasing her early music, which he downloaded off her computer without permission. He sucks. [Billboard]
- Paris Hilton's tiny dog has a really nice life. He wiggles a lot. [MTV]