- In Rolling Stone's upcoming Michael Jackson tribute issue, Brooke Shield reveals, "There were times when he would ask me to marry him..."
- "I would say, 'You have me for the rest of your life, you don't need to marry me, I'm going to go on and do my own life and have my own marriage and my own kids, and you'll always have me. I think it made him relax. He didn't want to lose things that meant something to him." [The San Francisco Chronicle]
- The Jackson family requested that a black LAPD officer drive the hearse holding Michael Jackson's coffin from Forest Lawn Memorial Park to the Staples center. The LAPD refused and sent a white officer. Michael's body is being kept in Berry Gordy's crypt at Forest Lawn until a final burial decision is made. [Radar Online]
- When Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch was raided in 2003 police found a syringe, prescription painkillers, vials and IV bags containing what could be anesthesia. If you need to rifle through MJ's medicine cabinet yourself, there are photos here: [TMZ]
- According to documents from Michael Jackson's 2005 molestation trial, a member of his security team said some doctors were trying to get MJ off of Demerol, and that one of his doctors was "was upset with Jackson because he had been self-injecting." [TMZ]
- Michael Jackson's driver told coroner employees that MJ seemed disoriented when he left Dr. Arnold Klein's office in the weeks before his death. TMZ has compiled a video of his exits so you can decide for yourself if he looks dazed as people maul him and snap pictures. [TMZ]
- Law enforcement sources say Michael Jackson's doctors Arnold Klein and Conrad Murray aren't cooperated with the L.A. County Coroner's office. They turned over some of the requested documents, but are hiding other records. [TMZ]
- Kim Kardashian said she was particularly moved by Paris Jackson speaking about her father at his memorial service because she spoke at her father Robert Kardashian's funeral in 2003. "That was the hardest thing I ever had to do," said Kim. "I couldn't remember anything and I was shaking and it was really, really tough, and I was 22. [Paris is] only 11, and I thought it was very courageous of her to get up there." [People]
- Reese Witherspoon has a black eye, which her publicist says she got while playing softball in preparation for her upcoming baseball film. [The Daily Express]
- Jennifer Aniston paid everyone's salary on the cast of her movie The Bounty so that they could have the Thursday before Fourth of July off. "Jen is such a genuinely good person," said one crew member. "How many people in this world would pay for an entire movie set to have off for the day? Not just anyone does that. We're talking big bucks." [People]
- Jason Priestley's wife Naomi gave birth to a healthy baby boy yesterday. They also have a 2-year-old daughter. [AP]
- Artie Lange was arrested this afternoon in New Jersey for DUI and careless driving. He allegedly rear ended another car. [TMZ]
- Jani Lane, of the '80s hairband Warrant, was charged with DUI and hit-and-run. On June 17 he hit a parked car in L.A. and refused to take a sobriety test. [TMZ]
- Four major Swedish newspapers are threatening to boycott a Britney Spears concert in Stockholm because their contract bars them from reselling the pictures and from publishing them more than 30 days after the concert. [AP]
- Jordan says she and husband Peter Andre lost a baby shortly before the breakup of their marriage. She was ten weeks pregnant. His spokeswoman said: "It was Peter's child as well and Peter is devastated and deeply disappointed that Kate has chosen to speak out about this and their marriage. It is a private matter." [The Sun]
- Gisele Bunchen still hasn't confirmed that she's pregnant... but she was spotted buying pink things at Petit Trésor Baby Boutique. [TMZ]
- A Russian TV channel cut a scene from an episode of South Park that portrayed Vladimir Putin as desperate and greedy. The episode aired in 2005 in the U.S. [AP]
- Ricky Gervais was criticized for being a hypocrite because he condemned bullfighting but still eats meat. He blogged, "I think there is a difference between animals being humanely killed for meat and animals being tortured to death for fun. It's the 'enjoying it' part I don't understand." Now the World Society for the Protection of Animals has defended Gervais in a newspaper editorial. [The Daily Express]
- Adrian Grenier has responded to Kevin Connolly's accusation that he stuffed his shorts for People's hottest bachelor photo shoot. "My question is how would he know and what was he doing looking?" said Adrian. "It's weird, I've never scrutinised another man's groin area in my life or his socks for that matter." [The Mirror]
- Katie Holmes' upcoming performance on So You Think You Can Dance is "Oscar winning" ... according to her choreographer. [People]
- After having trouble with her voice for several months Rachael Ray had a benign cyst removed from her vocal cord. Her rep said, "According to Rachael's doctors the minor, non-invasive procedure was a success and she is already resting at home." [People]
- Lauren Conrad's book L.A. Candy has been on The New York Times Best Seller list for the past two weeks. She says, "If someone said to me five years ago when this all started that I would one day make the New York Times Best Seller list I wouldn't have believed it." Trust us Lauren, we wouldn't have believed it either. [People]
- Robert Plant was honored with a CBE, but he says he's not going to fight with Led Zeppelin band-mate Jimmy Page, who has an OBE, about rank. "If we can remember each other's phone number at this time in life it's a miracle. We're still good friends, we both enjoy a rather dark sense of humour that comes I think from being from rather the wrong side of the tracks for all those wild years." [Miror]
- Even when the police came to break up a skit while Sacha Baron Cohen was filming Borat, he refused to break character, telling them, "I do not understand what you mean, 'masturbates.'" It's a long story. [Esquire]
- Ryan Reynolds says at first his family wasn't that thrilled when he decided to pursue acting. "I'd say my parents offered a modicum of support. My father's a cop and more rough round the edge, my brother's a cop too. It's not a family you'd think would produce someone who wants to go and sing and dance in Hollywood. And being a cop was a distant second after acting. It was a necessity that acting worked out. Now, they're over the moon." [The Independent]
- Emma Watson says she has one requirement for her college roommate in the fall: "As long as there are no Harry Potter posters on the wall, I will be fine and happy." Daniel Radcliffe joked, "I really hope they are a really massive Harry Potter fan. I hope you walk in and the first thing you see is your face on a duvet." [People]
I don't know if I could be a roommate to one of the Harry Potter kids. Imagine how hard it would be to stop yourself from blurting incantations at random times:
You broke a lamp: "Reparo!"
To your loud neighbors: "Avada Kadavra!"
To your homework: "Incendio!"
Well, that, and the fact that I'm pretty sure I'd try to convince them to dress up like HP characters for Halloween.