Welcome to Megyn Kelly Today, Today, a new daily column in which we will share the most memorable things that happened on Megyn Kelly Today every morning until we are no longer able to watch Megyn Kelly Today without feeling like there will be no tomorrow.
- Megyn Kelly teased an interview with a Bill O’Reilly accuser.
- Megyn Kelly said, “Would you believe today is National TV Talk Show Host Day?”
- Megyn Kelly walked onstage in a black dress.
- Megyn Kelly said, “We begin today on a serious note” and explains that she spent the weekend “on the phone” discussing Fox News and all the accusations against Bill O’Reilly.
- Megyn Kelly explained the most recent Bill O’Reilly story.
- Megyn Kelly revealed an email she wrote to the “[then] co-presidents of Fox News” Bill Shine and Jack Abernathy in November of 2016 that she had never shared until now:
- Megyn Kelly revealed Bill Shine’s response, which was: O’Reilly was “permitted, with management’s advanced notice and blessing, to go on the air and attack the company’s harassment victims yet again.”
- Megyn Kelly rolled tape of Bill O’Reilly complaining about people who complain to HR.
- Megyn Kelly said women stay silent “out of fear” of “public shaming—including through the media.”
- Megyn Kelly called out the company’s media relations chief, Irena Briganti, as being “known for her vindictiveness,” as well as for pushing “negative articles on certain Ailes accusers.”
- Megyn Kelly welcomed former Fox News anchor Juliet Huddy for an exclusive interview.
- Megyn Kelly claims she got along with Briganti until she decided not to “back Ailes.”
- Juliet Huddy and her lawyer, Douglas Wigdor, explained that a major fear of people who debate coming forward about sexual harassment is retaliation.
- (You can watch the entire segment with Megyn and Juliet here.)
- Megyn Kelly asked, “Are you scared today?”
- Juliet Huddy said, “I’m terrified.”
- Juliet Huddy explained why people sign NDAs.
- Megyn Kelly said, “Because you feel very alone, and like you are the only one, and you don’t know that you’re part of an underground sorority.”
- Juliet Huddy said, “I think...if there weren’t NDAs, more women would feel like, ‘Okay, I could potentially fight this.’ But typically you don’t know that there are other women.”
- Megyn Kelly revealed a statement they were given from 21st Century Fox, who owns Fox News.
- Douglas Wigdor called their statement “preposterous.”
- Douglas Wigdor said “it starts at the top,” referring to the Murdochs.
- Juliet Huddy said, “Women think that their careers are going to be torpedoed, and they could be potentially torpedoed if you have the right machine behind you.”
- Megyn Kelly said, “Do you have another job?”
- Juliet Huddy said, “Nope.”
- Megyn Kelly began the next segment by saying, “Today is National TV Talk Show Host Day,” and welcomed Phil Donahue to the stage.
- Phil Donahue said the opening segment “reminds [him] of how far women have come.”
- Phil Donahue said, “In my day, in 1967 when we began our show...a boss could tell his secretary to walk around the room so he could look at her. Could poke her in the chest and say, ‘Are these real?’ And get away with it! There was nothing she could do about it.”
- Phil Donahue said, “The women who fought back can stand on the shoulders of the early feminists who took a lot of abuse themselves...It’s so great to see it. It took too long, and it should have never been fought in the first place...”
- Megyn Kelly said, “And we have a long way yet to go.”
- Megyn Kelly said, “You’re one of the original feminists.”
- Phil Donahue said, “I was always proud of that.”
- Phil Donahue explained what it was like to be a single parent for so many years.
- Phil Donahue explained how different his talk show was from the other daytime shows by saying, “We were visually boring—two talking heads! And on the other station Monty Hall was giving $5,000 to a woman dressed like a chicken salad sandwich, and here I am with Ralph Nader.”
- Megyn Kelly thanked Phil Donahue for coming.
- Megyn Kelly said, “Up next, She Made It! A 23-year-old who built a do-it-yourself empire mixing goo on YouTube!”
- Megyn Kelly welcomed Karina Garcia to the stage.
- Megyn Kelly asked, “Were you always into slime?”
- Karina Garcia taught us how to make slime.
- Karina Garcia suggested just decorating pumpkins with washi tape.
- Megyn Kelly revealed that everyone in the audience would receive a free “do it yourself slime kit.”
- The audience went wild.
- Megyn Kelly cut to commercial.
- Megyn Kelly welcomed Elizabeth Heiskell to the stage.
- Bobby Finger screamed, “HOLY SHIT ELIZABETH HEISKELL IS BACK!!!!”
- Elizabeth Heiskell made a “dump” recipe.
- Elizabeth Heiskell explained that you have to stem the kale before putting it in.
- Elizabeth Heiskell said, “Honey, the stem is never gonna be delicious. I promise.”
- Megyn Kelly asked, “What’s that?”
- Elizabeth Heiskell said, “That’s green salsa.”
- Elizabeth Heiskell said, “We were not born knowing how to cook. It’s not like breathin’, sweetie! But you can do this. We’re gonna do this together.”
- Megyn Kelly said, “Another option is just to call Big Mama’s Pizza.”
- Elizabeth Heiskell screamed, “NO! WE ARE NOT CALLIN’ BIG MAMA’S PIZZA!”
- Megyn Kelly promoted Elizabeth Heiskell’s book and cut to commercial.
- Bobby Finger promoted Elizabeth Heiskell’s book!!!!
- Megyn Kelly spoke to Hoda and Jenna Bush Hager.
- Hoda said, “We have a great show. It involves drinking wine and other things.”
- Megyn Kelly Today ended.
Clip of the Day: Slow Cooker In Megyn’s Guest Bedroom