Welcome to Megyn Kelly Today, Today, a new daily column in which we will share the most memorable things that happened on Megyn Kelly Today every morning until we are no longer able to watch Megyn Kelly Today without feeling like there will be no tomorrow.
- Megyn Kelly walked onstage in a black dress.
- Megyn Kelly spoke briefly about Paul Manafort’s indictment.
- Pete Williams appeared via sattelite to discuss the indictments.
- Megyn Kelly said, “Pete Williams. Thank you.”
- Megyn Kelly moved on to Anthony Rapp’s allegations against Kevin Spacey.
- Megyn Kelly moved on to the allegations against NBC News’ s Mark Halperin.
- Megyn Kelly rolled tape debriefing the allegations against Mark Halperin, which was obviously prepared pre-Spacey.
- Megyn Kelly welcomed Eleanor McManus, one of Mark Halperin’s accusers, to the stage.
- Eleanor McManus said, “Something I’ve learned from all of this is that everyone has a story.”
- Eleanor McManus said, “I think now, finally, the tide is changing.”
- Megyn Kelly cut to commercial.
- Megyn Kelly welcomed Corey Feldman to the stage. (You can watch the full interview here.)
- Megyn Kelly rolled tape of Feldman from 2011 saying, “The number one problem in Hollywood” is pedophilia.
- Megyn Kelly said, “We will hear more about his claims about a pedophile ring in Hollywood right after this break.”
- Corey Feldman said, “This is about creating a cycle of awareness....Unfortunately, I have tried time and time again [to get the story out].”
- Corey Feldman said he was asked by the Santa Barbara PD in about Michael Jackson in 1993. He told them that his “friend” Michael Jackson was “not” a pedophile and that he could name names of the people who were.
- Corey Feldman said that after giving them names of actual pedophiles, the SBPD said, “Unfortunately that’s not our area.”
- Megyn Kelly asked if he ever followed up with law enforcement officials in the appropriate jurisdiction.
- Corey Feldman said, “I didn’t follow up because when you’re an 18, 19-year old kid, you try telling the police.”
- Megyn Kelly said they reached out to Santa Barbara PD but did not hear back from them.
- Corey Feldman said many of the Weinstein accusers “took a deal” to “keep their mouths shut...We never had that.” (See the Clip of the Day.)
- Megyn Kelly said, “I don’t think you’re characterizing [his accusers] correctly at all...I think they took a deal...because they felt helpless, and this was the only measure of justice they could get.”
- Corey Feldman said, “I was never awarded that opportunity...We never were given an opportunity to possibly get an upside for our victimization.”
- Megyn Kelly said, “Right now the upside is protecting other little boys.”
- Corey Feldman said, “Correct. Absolutely...I don’t have to wait until the film is done. The most important thing I have right now is that I have security. Somebody tried to kill me the other day...This is no joke.”
- Megyn Kelly said, “Someone tried to kill you? What happened?”
- Corey Feldman said, “I had two trucks come speeding at me on the highway at the same time...”
- Megyn Kelly said, “But wouldn’t you be more safe if you named the perpetrator right now? And therefore immobilized him from coming after you?”
- Corey Feldman said, “If that was the case, if the law protected me, I would do it in a second, but how can I protect myself...If I have no money to represent myself...”
- Megyn Kelly said there are lawyers who would defend him pro bono.
- Megyn Kelly said, “Truth is an absolute defense to any defamation case.”
- Corey Feldman said, “All I want is for people to open their eyes and see the light.”
- Megyn Kelly asked how many names he has.
- Corey Feldman said, “Six...Three are [currently] working in Hollywood.”
- Megyn Kelly said “If you named the one [Marty Weiss], why not name the others?”
- Corey Feldman said the other person who molested him is currently “working for the LA Dodgers.”
- Megyn Kelly asked Corey Feldman to name him.
- Corey Feldman said, “I can’t do that right now until I have legal protection.
- Megyn Kelly said, “Corey Feldman, thank you for being here. ALL the best to you.
- Megyn Kelly continued her show with two dreary segments I will skip for now because we’ve had enough.
- Megyn Kelly welcomed lawyers Heather Hanson and Mark Eiglarsh to the stage for “news you can use,” aka a true/false game about Halloween.
- Megyn Kelly said, “True or false, you can be sued for not revealing the house you’re selling might be haunted.”
- One of the lawyers said, “The truth is a little bit of maybe.”
- Bobby Finger said, “I’m done with this segment. Who the hell are these people?”
- Megyn Kelly said everyone “including yours truly” would be in costume tomorrow, because the Today Show hosts always go nuts on Halloween.
- Bobby Finger decided to buy plenty of candy for tomorrow’s viewing.
- Megyn Kelly Today ended.
Clip of the Day: Corey Feldman