There are some 90 hours left until Meghan Markle and Prince Harry tie the knot in Westminster Abbey, and this week’s news that the bride’s ailing father, Thomas, suddenly decided not to attend has reportedly thrown the previously happy couple—as well as the Royal Family at large—into full-blown chaos mode.
The Brits had “elaborate plans” for Thomas, including “a security detail...along with accommodations and access to various events.” Not to mention the fact that he was apparently going to walk his daughter down the [very long] aisle. (Her mother Doria is rumored to be taking Thomas’s place, but some people are betting that Meghan will walk the lonely road alone. Delusional monsters are claiming she’ll be walking alongside Prince Charles.)
The Daily Mail writes that Meghan is pleading “with her father to change his mind,” and that Harry is “devastated.” The covers of most British tabloids Tuesday morning were chronicling the Thomas-related tumult, but a lot can happen in four days. Maybe Mr. Markle will change his mind.
Side note: Good Morning America did a segment this morning about Meghan and Harry flipping their lids over Thomas’s decision to back out of the wedding, but have since deleted all tweets and videos of the piece from the internet. Think an entity that rhymes with Shmuckingbam Chalice got a little mad? (Note that Paula is linking to a tweet that no longer exists.)
Do we think any of these people know what a Webby is? I mean, honestly, do you know what a Webby is?
- Diane Kruger wore a potentially stomach-covering gown to Cannes and now everyone’s convinced she’s preggo with that dude’s baby. Norman? Ugh what’s his last name. I don’t care enough to look this up. [Page Six]
- I will never know what “history buff” actually means in practice. Dude looks at Wikipedia a lot? Who doesn’t. [People]
- Justin Hartley was sexually harassed by a terrible fan in a restaurant. [Just Jared]
- Here’s a video of a greedy fan riling Lana Del Rey up to the point that she says, “You know what? Fuck it.” [ONTD]
- “I put my parents through hell and back and back!” - Katy Perry [Us Weekly]
- But what about the nuns, Katy?! What about the nuns!!