- At a concert on Sunday Marilyn Manson blew phlegm from his nose all over the stage (there's video). The next day he wrote on Facebook: "So I have officially been diagnosed, by a real doctor, with THE SWINE FLU..."
- He continued, "I know everyone will suggest that fucking a pig is how this disease was obtained. However, the doctor said, my past choices in women have in 'no way' contributed to me acquiring this mysterious sickness. ... Unfortunately, I am going to survive." [TMZ, UPI]
- The Sun has admitted Lily Allen didn't insult the Beckhams, and paid her $16,000. The paper printed an apology, saying, "We now accept that Lily didn't say these things to the magazine and we apologize to Lily for the upset and embarrassment caused by repeating them." The incorrect quote was taken from a French magazine called SoFoot. [E!]
- Though Lily Allen told fans she has no plans to make another record, her spokesman is reassuring fans that she's not retiring from music. He said: "Lily is not retiring from music. She is still promoting her current album which is why she said she is not thinking about her next record right now." [The Mirror]
- People has seen a videotape of John Travolta's lawyer and the two Bahamian defendants accused of trying to extort money from him. The men asked for money for a document called a Do No Transport form Travolta signed when considering whether to have his son taken to the airport or the nearest hospital. Travolta's lawyer asks, "Where the hell did you get a number of 25 million bucks?" [People]
- After Randy and Evi Quaid were arrested yesterday for skipping out on a hotel bill they sent in a $5,546 check — about $5,000 less than they owe. [TMZ]
- Deputy James Davis, the police officer who arrested Evi Quaid, says she showed up to his office today and screamed at him, accusing him of being "a crooked, corrupt cop" who concocted "a plot against her and her husband." He described it as a "psychotic episode." [TMZ]
- The Quaids have been formally charged with felony burglary, conspiracy and defrauding an innkeeper. The Santa Barbara D.A. said, "They're going to need to come to Santa Barbara and deal with these charges. Any restitution that's been paid will help facilitate a resolution of the criminal case, but that doesn't mean it will automatically go away." [TMZ]
- Last night Angelina Jolieand Brad Pitt went to the dedication of the Jane Pitt Pediatric Cancer Center in his hometown of Springfield, Mo., which was named after his mom and financed by a $1 million donation from Pitt. [Star]
- In a statement read on today's Oprah, Bijou Phillips said she was 13 when she learned that her half-sister Mackenzie Phillips had sex with her father. She is now 29 and says the information was confusing and scary and it was "heartbreaking" that her family still left her alone with her father. [AP]
- For some unknown reason, Vivica A. Fox was asked about Mackenzie Phillips' revelation that she had sex with her father. She said: "The fact that her father is not here to defend himself, I don't like it. I don't think that's fair." Yes, clearly it's Mackenzie who needs to be worried about being fair! [Radar Online]
- Vincent D'Onofrio, Kathryn Erbe and Eric Bogosian will be phased out of Law and Order: Criminal Intent this season and Jeff Goldblum will take over as the lead detective. [Reuters]
- Martha Stewart apologized for making insensitive comments about Jessica Simpson losing her dog on her TV show today. "I said that she should have been watching her dog more closely, but I feel very, very sorry for anybody that loses a pet," said Martha. "Jessica, I hope you find your pet, but if you don't, I'm really sorry that you lost one." [People]
- Blind item: Which "on-screen duo" doesn't get along in real life?" Michael Ausiello writes: he "claims his leading lady is unprofessional and extremely difficult to work with. Even worse, he has accused her of behaving 'inappropriately' at times. He's made it known to TPTB that he doesn't want to be in scenes with her, least of all love scenes. But there's no getting around those anytime soon. 'They told him the love scenes are unavoidable,' says my spy. 'Their characters are supposed to be having a torrid affair.'" [Entertainment Weekly]
- This week's episode of Jon and Kate Plus 8 was the lowest rated ever, drawing in only 1.7 million viewers. Their high was the divorce episode, which had 10.6 million viewers. [Radar Online]
- Elizabeth Hurley's husband, Arun Nayar, was badly burned on his face and right hand while lighting a bonfire at his home. He said, "I had an accident, but I am recovering well now." [The Telegraph]
- Justin Guarini is getting married this weekend to Reina Capodici, with whom he has a four-year-old daughter. His friend and publicist said, "This is the happiest I've ever seen him. He's smiling from ear to ear. I don't know what's bigger – his teeth or his hair." [People]
- Jaime Pressly is marrying Simran Singh on Saturday. They announced their engagement in July. [Radar Online]
- Isabella Rossellini, who starred in the experimental online Green Porno films says, "The web is a double-edged sword," she said, speaking in Italian. "It has a huge potential for distributing content, creating contacts. There are a lot of advantages. The problem is that money is spent on technologies, not on content." [Reuters]
- Gisele Bunchen says she and Tom Brady decided not to find out the sex of their baby. "We will only know when it is born, in December," she said. "I want the emotion of finding out then if it is a boy or a girl." [People]
- Jamie Lee Curtis criticized paparazzi for creating a "hostile environment for celebrities" and rushed past photographers at Variety's Power of Women Luncheon. She explained: "My knees happen to have some bruises on them because I just did a stunt where I was under a sink on my hands and knees with exploding water in my face. I had very bruised knees and I worried they would focus on that and make some bad story about why my knees are bruised!" [The Mirror]
- Hugh Hefner says he wants Megan Fox to pose for Playboy explaining, "Megan is a fox." However his new girlfriends want Kelly Osbourne to pose. "She's losing weight and she's blond now," Crystal Harris says. "She looks good. I want to see what she looks like naked." [E!]
Thus Spake Kate is effulgent.
marilyn manson is still performing? he still has fans? haven't they all graduated from middle school by now or is he tormenting another generation of tweens?