- We now know why Mariah Carey was playing coy about the sex of her baby (aside from the fact that it's none of our business). She's announced she's having a boy and a girl.
- Mimi says, "Even before we announced it was twins, I was trying to keep everything genderneutral because I didn't want to impose an identity on them too soon. There were fan contests on Twitter about what gender they are and rumors about them being two boys or two girls — but nobody guessed this!" As for the babies' names, Nick Cannon adds, "They won't be crazy names like Carburetor or something. But they're definitely unique." [Life & Style, People]
- Want to see Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban's new daughter Faith Margaret? Take a look at this blurry photo of a cell phone picture. [Us]
- A source claims Halle Berry's custody dispute with Gabriel Aubrey started when "Gabriel started dating a high profile reality TV star... Halle totally lost it with Gabriel and gave him an ultimatum - to choose between dating this girl or having a relationship with his daughter." It's unclear why the source won't use Kim Kardashian's name, since her brief relationship with Gabriel was highly publicized. [Radar]
- Since Charlie Sheen is just sitting at home refusing to enter rehab, his parents are considering going to court to gain conservatorship over him. "Charlie looks awful... he is very, very depressed and feels like the world is going against him," says a source. "Martin and Janet know that it's highly unlikely their petition would be granted, but they are trying to do whatever possible to save Charlie's life." [Radar]
- A Two and a Half Men crew member says, "We are really pissed. A lot of us do not get paid, if we don't work ... So, if he's off getting rehabbed, or porn-o-ing, or whatever, we're screwed." [E!]
- A photo has surfaced of Cyndi Lauper with a red blotchy face. She says, "I'm just suffering from a rash. I'm going to be okay, really." [Radar]
- Tila Tequila's rep says she's furious about an "intimate tape made with her and her 2 girlfriends without her consent" being leaked and is fighting the release in court. [Radar]
- Jane Lynch's memoir Happy Accidents will be released in September. [N.Y. Mag]
- Proactiv is the ninth sponsor to pull its ads from Skins. [Hollywood Reporter]
- Michael Lohan is out of surgery after having emergency heart surgery. There are photos of Michael passed out in his hospital bed, because that's how TMZ rolls. [TMZ]
- Welsh soprano Margaret Price died on Friday of heart failure. She was 69. [NYT]
- Real Housewife Kim Richards is refusing to appear on Ellen with the rest of the cast. She's embarrassed about her drinking problem being revealed on the finale, but didn't far more embarrassing things go down on that show? [Radar]
- BREAKING: Emily Blunt now has blonde hair. [Us]
- Kings of Leon have postponed their tour because Nathan Followill injured himself while working out. [N.Y. Mag]
- After being rejecting by most cable networks, The Kennedys miniseries has been purchased by ReelzChannel. The network's CEO hopes, "it will drive ratings and put a spotlight on this network that has never been on it before." I had never heard of the channel, so this strategy appears to be working already. [NYT]
- James Franco's grandma, who was last spotted calling people "pussies" in a Funny or Die video, is coming to the Oscars. "Grandma is coming and she might just be on camera," he says. "She can't wait for it either ... Every day she counts the number of hits that she gets on Funny or Die. I think we're up to 400,000. She gives me updates." [People]
- Shocking: Glee's Dianna Agron claims she wasn't popular in high schol. "I was never the cool kid," Agron says. "I had friends. I got by. I kind of explored different social areas of the school, [and] I had my girlfriends." [E!]
- Diane Kruger says, "Without sounding pessimistic, I learned that I don't believe in marriage. I believe in a commitment that you make in your heart. There's no paper that will make you stay. A guy friend of mine said, and it made a lot of sense, that people should get married at the end of the road, not the beginning." Okay? So stop asking about why she and Joshua Jackson aren't hitched. [Us]
1. Congratulations to Mr. and Mrs. Cannon. It's been a long and hard road for them and I'm glad that their wishes are finally coming true.
2. Yeah, Halle really needs to get over herself before she ends up alienating her daughter (over time) over this bullshit. I'm hardly a fan of Kardashian, but there are far worse dangers out there in the world than having your daughter come face to face with a professional attention ho.
3. Ah, Diane. You win at life for making such a true statement. The fact that you haven't subscribed or fed into the whole marriage=happiness makes me respect you a helluva lot more.